Post office is officially a joke

We order a number of things on the internet - and seems more are coming from the post office …
Not that long ago - it was always the big 2 private carriers …

The woman did not mail the rent check “close”. She mailed it out 2-3 days before end of last month as I already spelled it out. 3weeks plus is downright pathetic and uncalled for.

Postal workers in my area walk right by my mailbox and don’t take outgoing mail even
2-3 days out is, in fact, close.

No two ways about it.

If she wants to ensure overnight delivery, spend $28 on FedEx.

50 cents for a stamp is incredibly cheap.

Incoming mail: Signup for Informed delivery (thru USPS), you then check your email in the morning and will receive an image of any letters being delivered that day.
Also works for packages, .... if I know a package will be delivered that day, I'm standing at the end of driveway to receive it.

Outgoing mail: If it has a personal check, I walk 'into' the post office (don't leave in box outside).

Personal Checks: I receive an email from bank when check was cashed (and any money leaving my account).

Last edited:
Incoming mail: Signup for Informed delivery (thru USPS), you then check your email in the morning and will receive an image of any letters being delivered that day.
Also works for packages, .... if I know a package will be delivered that day, I'm standing at the end of driveway to receive it.

Outgoing mail: If it has a personal check, I walk 'into' the post office (don't leave in box outside).

Personal Checks: I receive an email from bank when check was cashed (and any money leaving my account).
Absolutely!!

When we just moved I wanted to make sure I got all my mail and I have to say I was very impressed with the post office mail forwarding. Anyway, we also signed up for informed delivery since we are in a temporary apartment right now with a mail kiosk.
its great finding out in the morning what mail is going to arrive in the afternoon.

I find it amazing that this is a free service! I find it amazing that this is a free service

I find it amazing that this is a free service! I find it amazing that this is a free service
The reason it's offered FREE is because after the 'anthrax scare' (thru the mail), the govt wanted to photo-copy everybody's mail.
The only way people could be convinced it was a good thing is if the govt also offered those images to each citizen.
So yea, big govt is looking at my mail, but I also know what's delivered that day (which is very helpful).

Discussed once before.

The woman did not mail the rent check “close”. She mailed it out 2-3 days before end of last month as I already spelled it out. 3weeks plus is downright pathetic and uncalled for.

Postal workers in my area walk right by my mailbox and don’t take outgoing mail even
I have a friend who owns several rental condos. I think most of them are located remote from him. He has a rent payment policy that offers tenants an additional disount if their rent is received two days before the end of the month and if they do an ACH transfer into his account.

Last edited:
2-3 days out is, in fact, close.

No two ways about it.

If she wants to ensure overnight delivery, spend $28 on FedEx.

50 cents for a stamp is incredibly cheap.
Nearest FedEx is far from her(and is too). I’ll tell her to use UPS as it’s like 4~ mile from is

Thank You Astro

In my area there were a number of new hires last fall. We had 55" of snow in the first half of winter which is the normal winter total. It was very difficult for them walking the delivery routes and quite a few quit. Much delivery was then much later by those carriers that remained in the early evening, but it was delivered.

The girlfriends coworker that lives near us was telling girlfriend and I about this. She mailed her rent out 2 days before end of last month. Yesterday, her landlord called and said she has not received rent. So, the renter went and got 2 money orders for rent and hand delivered them to landlord. I guess the post office just totally quit caring. She also asked me what a PO Box costs; told her I didn’t know.
I paid $212.53 for my small box last year. That was for one year rental.

USPS is a dinosaur. Delivering mail every day except sunday needs to stop. 90% of items are junk mail. For openers make it once3 per week. Raise prices. It will never happen Politian's who supported it would die by the sword.

Nearest FedEx is far from her(and is too). I’ll tell her to use UPS as it’s like 4~ mile from is

Thank You Astro
I don’t mean to be rude, my friend, but for short term delivery guarantees, you gotta’ go one step up from regular first class. Post Office is good about 98% of the time, but if that level isn’t good enough, pony up. When I needed to ensure an alimony check was received on time, I went FedEx. Only way to be sure when the stakes were high.

My tenant drops the check off at my place of business, she doesn’t even mail it. Might work for your friend.

USPS is a dinosaur. Delivering mail every day except sunday needs to stop. 90% of items are junk mail. For openers make it once3 per week. Raise prices. It will never happen Politian's who supported it would die by the sword.
Solves a lot of issues. They are incredibly short staffed and we don't need mail delivered six days a week. It's dumb. Three days a week delivery is all anyone needs.

Stuff happens. I had a pretty good size pile of "trash" dumped on a rural road in front of my ranch. I thought nothing of it for a week or so because it happens on a regular basis before the county comes by to pick stuff up. A wind stork kicked up and started blowing the pile across my driveway so I started picking it up. It was hundreds of unopened mail with bank statements, credit card bills, every other bill you can imagine, etc. I called the local postal inspector and he send someone out immediately. Now, if I was a crook I would have credit card info on dozens of people.
IMG_2318.jpg

This is why more people pay stuff online or with smart device. Maybe the landlord has the ability to accept payments this way?

I pay everything thru the iPhone. There are three instances every year where I have to mail a check

I would give my local 5 stars if they quit lying to me. When the week ends on Saturday any undelivered mail is held over to Monday. If you had a package or 1st class they will mark it mailbox blocked or gate to community was locked. my mailbox is unblockable and I do not live in a gated community. Fine if you run out of time, just don't lie to me. As it is they get 3 stars.

Back