Possible WIX failure?!? What could have happened?

Crap... Deja vu. So far I have not seen this failure mode with the 7356s, but the event sounds just like what happened to me with the Maxima. Filter looked fine and after some miles (cannot recall how many) it started leaking from the seam. Scary, as my son drives the CR-V out of state for school and he never ever checks anything in it...

tony1679

Well WIX isn't playing around. A "filter rep" is driving 175 miles to personally come get the filter for analysis. All of the people I've contacted have been very 'accomodating' and seem to be worried about me being upset or wanting an engine replaced. I just keep telling them that if they want to make me happy, I just want to know, in detail, what went wrong with this filter. A replacement filter would be icing on the cake.

Originally Posted by tony1679
Well WIX isn't playing around. A "filter rep" is driving 175 miles to personally come get the filter for analysis. All of the people I've contacted have been very 'accomodating' and seem to be worried about me being upset or wanting an engine replaced. I just keep telling them that if they want to make me happy, I just want to know, in detail, what went wrong with this filter. A replacement filter would be icing on the cake.
That's pretty crazy having someone drive there in person. Ask him what kind of analysis/testing they might do. I'd hint that the base seam is suspect, and may be leaking under normal engine oil pressure. I'm sure they can test for that quite easy in the lab.

Originally Posted by tony1679
Replacement CAR ... it doesn't hurt to ask ... !