Possible record whitetail taken near where I live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah...I sent that article along to my boss, who is from Wisconsin. I asked him why he never bags anything close to this size. LOL.

Too bad, the deer could have sperad its genes through many deer now it is done. Hunters in general are dumb.

Originally Posted By: globey
Ah...I sent that article along to my boss, who is from Wisconsin. I asked him why he never bags anything close to this size. LOL.

Yeah, these don't come around that often for sure!

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Too bad, the deer could have sperad its genes through many deer now it is done. Hunters in general are dumb.

People who say hunters are dumb are dumb. Are you dumb Steve? See how that stupid that last sentence sounds? Now why did you go and post something like that? You ought to have to reach a minimum IQ point in order to post here.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Originally Posted By: Steve S

People who say hunters are dumb are dumb. Are you dumb Steve? See how that stupid that last sentence sounds? Now why did you go and post something like that? You ought to have to reach a minimum IQ point in order to post here.

Don't know that I'd go as far as calling him dumb,,,,,,BUT he sure is ignorant!!

Bob

Very nice. I was hunting Turkey (with a Bow) the other morning and almost stepped on a 15 pointer. Yep, no deer (bow) license.
mad.gif

Last edited:
As a hunter/fisher I don't take a trophy animal .That is reducing the big gene pool.That is dumb. If I was ignorant I wouldn't think about the future of quality game animals.

I've been told that "trophy size" is near the end of it's life and that you are not taking it out of the "big gene pool". as soon as he is beaten by a young buck he is no longer desirable by females.

If he is trophy size he is probably still tough weak animals do not last long It is a hard cruel world in animal land. There have articles on diminishing fish size in studied lakes showing due to the taking of trophy sized bass from bass tournaments the size of the bass has been smaller over a studied period of many years. To breed large cows you don't use small cows and bulls.

"There have articles on diminishing fish size in studied lakes showing due to the taking of trophy sized bass from bass tournaments the size of the bass has been smaller over a studied period of many years"

That's odd considering ALL fish at bass tournaments are only countable if still alive for return to lake. (Least that's how the good ole boys do it here in the south).

Also the Ark Game and Fish Commission has adopted a "three point rule" where to be legal a buck must have at least three points on at least 1 side of the rack. While this seems to be culling all the better bucks and leaving inferior gene breeding stock, it doesn't seem to be working out that way, as the state wide rack avereage has risen every year since adoption of rule. Gun, as opposed to muzzle loader and bow season starts after the major rut has taken place, so the ol' big boys have already done the majority of the breeding. Guess that's why the G&F pays them college educated biologists the big bucks to figure this stuff out.

Bob

Bob

Last edited:
The fish are removed from their breeding areas. I stand corrected . Thankyou .Bob I am the dumb one.so there is at least 1 dumb hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back