Porsche engine parts failure on Mobil 1 0w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Referenced, Z06 Stock Engine out-muscling Gallardo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSenMmqKh4
thumbsup2.gif

Great Vid, Gary Allan.

What kind of Oil do you think he was using :Lol: I didnt get a view of his Oil gauge, only the Road.. and i was
20.gif
at his
19.gif

Last edited:
lol @ what kind of oil he was using.

If he'd have been using something other than Mobil 1 he'd have cut several seconds off his time.

Originally Posted By: robertcope
Oh, absolutely. I'm a VW/Audi/Porsche guy, but my ultimate garage would have a Vette in it, too. They're fun cars, no doubt about it. Anyone who tells you they can't run is clueless!

robert

Its true, its true! They are almost equals, in a way.. with Low cost, More Power nod going to CORVETTE!
thumbsup2.gif
Again, my first Porsche will be a 944. Oil? Unknown.

34.gif

Quote:
And the point is a Corvette broke the record formerly held by a Ferrari Enzo (how they call that a production car is a bit iffy), which eliminates this notion Corvettes are only good in a straight line (for the life of me I can't understand why that's often the perception).

The Original Run-Flat Tires of the Late 80s and Early 90s, plus the C4 Suspension, plus Drivers that cannot drive and likely hit the Gas around corners gave the Corvette the notion that "Corettes cant handle for censored," where the Ferrari 355 always made the Corvette look like a Clown car. The ZR1 is a possible exception if I had $32,000 id buy the one for sale, however maybe not regarding Handling.

The experience of my Uncle in my Father's Stingray about taking the curve at 60MPH or 70MPH (highway exit ramp, probably 70) shows that if they had the right package in them and a driver that spent some time behind the wheel, right tires, and maybe or maybe not lower air pressure in the tires, and knows the machine like the Porsche people that flog them with absolute confidence, having gotten them sideways enough to know how to push the car and correct if that were to happen, shows that Corvettes can man-handle many a turn.

However, for those that cant drive... Not only is it the Car's fault, but
15.gif

btw, this Car getting crushed
15.gif
is a Ferrari TestaRossa at first glance, later named 512TR, or Chrysler Concorde/Eagle Vision/Dodge Intrepid if looked at more closely. Nice one, BITOG
01.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: digitalSniperX1
And never use Mobil 1 in a Porsche
wink.gif

I wont. It kills them.
lol.gif

And dont go saying that too much to the M1 people on here. You should
27.gif
if you do. Because, it kills them.
thumbsup2.gif

My car is getting M1 OR Castrol. Leaning Castrol.

Now, as to this Porsche vs Corvette business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD9AW-EB3vo (GT2 and "Zet 01" or ZR1.)

Accent? Check. "Zet 01."
10.gif

Note my Non-Bias in this matter.

Looks like it came down to the Transmission, I reckon.

[b[NOTE THE ROLLING START.[/b]

Quote:
If you really want handling for the lowest investment.....here's the top dog that even your wife can drive fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRiPSlx8PxA

Last edited:
lol, at the time the test was conducted, it was in fact the best amongst STREET LEGAL PRODUCTION CARS. That includes the tires and suspension setup in which they are delivered. And with a GM engineer driving it!.

Of course there are different definitions of production cars.

I suppose now that some cars have surpassed it, it's back in the dog house.

Maybe, just maybe, your Tiguan could now beat it (you do have the all wheel drive version, right?).

Honestly, when Europeans compare US built cars to European cars, you're very unlikely to get objective analysis. It's funny to watch honestly.

I'm partial to BMWs, but I appreciate other brands. I hope to add a 2011 GT500 to my garage someday. Along with a Cayman S. Two terrific track toys...

Originally Posted By: digitalSniperX1

Maybe, just maybe, your Tiguan could now beat it (you do have the all wheel drive version, right?).

All contingencies are under consideration...

20tsi_trans_stage3_93_crank.gif

It's actually a 6M, which only comes in fwd configuration, with ESP. I already "did" the tires. (do a lot of other guys toss the tires off their new vehicles???)

If I wanted to run The 'Ring, I'd probably want a 8-speed Q5 3.0 TDI at 400 ft-lbs. It may not fare too poorly as a SUV, remember Schumacher's BMW X5 run?

Back to the other subject, I'm not sure the point of arguing one-off lap times of specific vehicles. As per my story above, the oem tires are a make-it-or-break-it issue for a stock comparison. Any of these vehicle show up with poor oem tires (and most are) it's a deal-breaker, not to mention driver skill. What does the 'Vette run, Eagle F1 Supercar G:2?

gy_eaglef1_scg2_ci2_l.jpg

I'll leave it at that. I wouldn't care of a Mitsubishi Outlander had the record, I know which vehicle suit me for my *own* reasons. Corvette is not part of my umm, "generation", but perfectly suited to the lesiure suit / BluBlocker sect.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
If I wanted to run The 'Ring, I'd probably want a 8-speed Q5 3.0 TDI at 400 ft-lbs. It may not fare too poorly as a SUV, remember Schumacher's BMW X5 run?
48.gif

To keep it in the VW/Audi camp as i will ALWAYS love Volkswagen and select an Audi carefully, or a vintage 90 Convertible or GT of 1984, 85, 86, or 87 (Yes, yes!,) for an SUV Nurburgring run, I would have to select a VW Touraeg V10 TDI for the Nurburgring, Or the new Cayenne Turbo that went head-to-head against Cherokee SRT8, Land Rover, BMW X5 M, and .. the Cayenne Turbo.

However, i Need to have a BMW X5 after watchign this video, of very same, on their old ad in 2006. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laceJ7HEniE
20.gif

Again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laceJ7HEniE

"The All New BMW X5. With Room for 7, Weve expanded on a Great idea."
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
This is one of the lamest threads ever.
frown.gif

Go ahead, tell us what you really think.

robert

AJ, you are the one that always takes these threads and turns them upside down into a teenage bash fest, putting up pictures of cars you don't own and making fun of everyone else. You've already been banned for these antics once before; why do the mods let you get away with it now?

Don't you understand that everyone is laughing at you? You act like a pre-teen girl making fun of some other girls non fashionable jeans.

Boo hoo, at least you have your window visors to comfort you.

It's kind of funny how you now try to quantify all the engineering that goes into different brands of cars as "fashion", after the rest of your argument has failed.
smirk2.gif

See, I would have placed the blame for going OT here:

Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Originally Posted By: HangerHarley

Not knocking Porsche, at all.. But all its Turbos do NOT beat the Displacement of many a Vette.

Ever watch LeMans racing?

Ive watched my Street after 11PM, and plenty of "Across America: Super Speeders" DVDs.

Porsche gets 0wned.
thumbsup2.gif

From Memory: 1991 C4 Corvette wth "Nos" and Supercharger, something about 427ci (?? Not up on it entirely) vs Twin-Turbo Green 993 with Boost.... Id have to watch the video again, but they were in Staten Island. Corvette DID Blow up, but After the race, so it didnt count.

Good race.

I was more impressed by the New 2007 Vette, a Z06 with 505HP no mods, out-muscling the Lamborghini Gallardo, which, though not a Porsche, it could also have likely done to a Porsche.

Another example, at Drag strip: Porsche 996 "Stage 5" Turbo: 2nd Place.
Lingenfelter Corvette of some kind or another: First Place.
And STILL was faster, only by a nose, than the Porsche.

I never said i didnt like Porsche, and i say again: No Disrespect to Porsche. I also find it Fascinating how much porsche can do with their Engines, however Corvettes usually prove that "There Is No Replacement for Displacement."

They also cost half as much.

thumbsup2.gif

...but you're not really looking for an honest answer.

As-if noone every posts car pics here. Last time I checked, I'm the one who started this thread, not you, so... run along.

Nice personal attack, btw. Why do the mods let you get away with it?!?!?

lol.gif

In my defense to AJ and other poster, i was pointing out that Porsche is not the be-all end-all Shiznit, Teutonic Blitzkrieg that some apparently think it is. Although it is a wonderful car, and wonderfully competent, and amazingly fast at the same time.
01.gif

I wasnt looking for "Blame to be Placed."

Merely that the new Corvettes from 2006 and after can put a whoopin on Porsches, a good part of the time, if not every time, with sheer Muscle and some Supercharging (Forgot about Lingenfelter, eh?)

I want to see RUF tuned Porsches now.
thumbsup2.gif

I also got it wrong. It was a "408Ci" C4.

Run with it, Indeed!

I want to see a Carrera GT put in here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
AJ, you are the one that always takes these threads and turns them upside down into a teenage bash fest, putting up pictures of cars you don't own and making fun of everyone else. You've already been banned for these antics once before; why do the mods let you get away with it now?

Don't you understand that everyone is laughing at you? You act like a pre-teen girl making fun of some other girls non fashionable jeans.

What you're sensing from AJ is what is commonly referred to as "Walter Mitty's Syndrome". While we probably know nothing of AJ's background, it disproportionaltely affects rich kids whose parents force them to work for their allowance, whether it be taking out the trash or serving up fries at McDonald's.

I'd be willing to bet he's replaced the VW badges on his Tiguan with Audi badges and Saturn badges on his Astra with Opel badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back