Polar Vortex Coming

Looks like there is a Polar Vortex developing. Get ready for some cold weather. :)

23B833AA-10FC-4BD4-8FBE-6B0392551D7F.png

For one, the polar vortex is not developing, it is always present and has actually weakened. That's when the cold air from the Arctic migrates southward.When the polar vortex is strong, the cold air is trapped way up north.Polar vortex was a word that was never mentioned of years ago. The media just loves to report on it and make a big deal about it.. This is winter, it's supposed to get cold. The temps still are not anything near as cold as I remember in the late 1970's and mid1990"s. I am now going to hide under my bed for two weeks.o_O

Last edited:
For one, the polar vortex is not developing, it is always present and has actually weakened. That's when the cold air from the Arctic migrates southward.When the polar vortex is strong, the cold air is trapped way up north.Polar vortex was a word that was never mentioned of years ago. The media just loves to report on it and make a big deal about it.. This is winter, it's supposed to get cold. The temps still are not anything near as cold as I remember in the late 1970's and mid1990"s. I am now going to hide under my bed for two weeks.o_O
Are you suggesting that the media loves to create hysteria, and tries to panic people like they're scared sheep? Surely not.

Yep, but when it moves into your back yard it’s OK to call it the Polar Vortex. Columbus will be 0 C next Thursday. ;)

0B3DA515-5D25-4525-B72E-82AEB5C268FB.png
0B3DA515-5D25-4525-B72E-82AEB5C268FB.png

Last edited:
I kept myself entertained the other night watching (and making fun of) a non-newsworthy report about heavy snow in the New England states.

It happens every year. You live up north, you live with @$$ deep snow. It's not worth dramatically-written, alarming story. A foot of snow, and more coming. Woooo, rock me. Give me a call when it's up to the eves of your house and you can't get out the front door. Then you'll more closely resemble Wyoming with your winters.

Brrrrr, it's cold and snowing in New York in February. I bet the sun comes up in the east again tomorrow, too.

I just got 13 inches of snow dumped on my area in Wisconsin over the past 24 hours and temperatures look to be below zero fahrenheit for at least the next week. I'll still take it over the week we had of -30F we had back around this time in 2018 🥶

Yep, but when it moves into your back yard it’s OK to call it the Polar Vortex. Columbus will be 0 C next Thursday. ;)

Come on Kelowna....0c? that's 32F. That ain't cold...beisdes, my weather app shows this for Columbus Ohio (assuming that's where you meant)
Thursday 2/11 - High of 17F (-8C) , and a low of 2F (-16C)
Friday 2/12 - High of 13F (-10C) , and a low of -8F (-22C)
Screenshot_20210205-103352[9509].png
if curious why it says "Ryan's place" at the top, I have Columbus Tagged that way, because my buddy Ryan lives in Columbus...

Now all you need is one of those Atmospheric Rivers to collide with that Polar Vortex.

In the old days that would be called a blizzard.

Back