Please send positive vibes/prayers for my companion

Dr.Seuss crossed the rainbow bridge today.

E0255BA5-9302-4AAE-88C2-0F8F73F30C35.jpeg

This was the last photo I have of him.
🙏

1 SX... I have tears in my eyes reading this thread. I'm going through a similar circumstance with my kitty Matilda.

Take care of yourself and allow yourself to feel what you feel.

If you need anything... You can send me a msg. Just take good care of yourself.

i appreciate you sharing this experience on here.

Many years with this companion. His name is Dr.Seuss He’s very sick with cancer and sleeps a lot. He’s not in pain, but no longer eating his favorite foods and he falls over sometimes. I’m very sad about this, so I’m just keeping him company and comfortable.

I know at this point he will not get better, so I’m asking his passing be peaceful with prayers and energy.

🙏 View attachment 109621

Sorry to hear this. I'm still sore from the sudden absence of our cat. I really bonded with him beyond what I thought was possible.

I take comfort in the thought that I did right by him all the time he was with us. I guess you did/do too. The rest is out of our control.

Thank you for the love and prayers they are really helping.

Today’s a good day he’s almost like his old self again.

I will take any better day than what we had in the past couple days. I literally had the vets number dialed out in my phone for that final call 😭
he’s eating again, going outside and attempting to hunt the little mice and things that run around the property. He’s definitely a lot slower and still a little unsteady - but it’s a huge improvement.

I will keep you updated 🙏 🙏
glad its a better time for you both at least today. we have two that we (or they) adopted us 14 years ago. two females that live with us like watch dogs! LOL They go in and out of the pet door to the garage and hang out on the back patio or on the roof when they feel full of energy! I hope your + yours have some more good days. You know you did a great thing giving him a good life so far. That is what counts.

Thank you kind soul for giving him such a good life. Have been going through this for fifty years now, and everyone is a heart ache. You did the best you could for him and had his companion ship for a lot of years. There are always more cats waiting for their forever home. Regards to you sir.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sue and I have had 8 canines over the course of our 45 year marriage; 7 of them rescues, 5 Great Danes (Colby, Megan, Cooper, Stella, Harley), 1 Border Collie (Lizzie), 1 Norwegian Elkhound (Cali), and 1 Pit Bull (Amber). Even years later I still think lovingly of each and every one of them. They never leave your memory.

Our last Great Dane, Harley, suffered horrible abuse before we got him but we enjoyed 10 loving years together. After he died I kept his favorite blanket and sealed it in a plastic bag. Every so often I'll open it up just to smell him.

Dr. Seuss may no longer be with you, but he'll always be with you.

Scott

Sorry for your loss. As others have said, Dr. Seuss is a part of you and will always be with you.

Jeff: I’m guessing missy blue is the gray one?

OP: I’m very sorry for your loss
Yes. The foster gal took the 6 kittens as the mother cat was gone for some reason. She bottle fed them which tends to make them very comfortable with humans.
She kept 2 and the other 4 were up for adoption. Sue renamed Blue to "Missy Blue" because she started saying "Missy". Mittens is not a good name for the male. Not at all.

Sue named one of the brothers we just lost "Mr Bingley", from "Pride and Prejudice". Bings was a tuxedo cat. We lost him to a massive heart attack and his brother Blackie to cancer. Here's Bings:

1666728009887.png

Yes. The foster gal took the 6 kittens as the mother cat was gone for some reason. She bottle fed them which tends to make them very comfortable with humans.
She kept 2 and the other 4 were up for adoption. Sue renamed Blue to "Missy Blue" because she started saying "Missy". Mittens is not a good name for the male. Not at all.

Sue named one of the brothers we just lost "Mr Bingley", from "Pride and Prejudice". Bings was a tuxedo cat. We lost him to a massive heart attack and his brother Blackie to cancer. Here's Bings:

View attachment 122915
Jeff: very sorry to hear of Bings passing☺️

Back