Please rank these oils for my upcoming OCIs

I'm doing short interval OCIs on many vehicles, all based on time (6-12 months) with low miles (500-1000 or so miles each). Filters replaced about every 12-18 months or about every 2-3 oil changes. Here's my oil inventory to pick from and I'm curious what the crowd says may be the ranking based on your experience/information. I'm not opposed to using synthetic blends given the low miles I put on these vehicles.

Vehicles are all 10+ years old and high miles qualifying.

Any opinions on anything you personally really like and had great results with or do not care for or had bad results with, for CURRENT or recent API SN or NS+ categories?

5w20/0w20. It does get sub zero here but may not ever get low enough for 0w20 to be needed, but I can use it and am leaning toward putting a 0w20 before winter and then returning to 5w20 in spring.
* Quaker State FS High Mile 0w20
* Carquest FS 0w20
* Castrol Edge FS black bottle with titanium 0w20
* Castrol Edge FS extended protection 5w20
* Pennzoil FS high mile 5w20
* Pennzoil synthetic blend 5w20
* Carquest (now Fram) FS 5w20
* Valvoline FS Maxlife 5w20
* Costco FS 5w20
* Mobil1 FS High Miles 5w20

5w30
* Quaker State FS High Miles 5w30
* Mobil1 Advanced FS 5w30
* Mobil1 Extended Protection High Miles FS 5w30
* Mobil1 High Miles FS 5w30
* Pennzoil FS high miles 5w30
* Pennzoil synthetic blend 5w30
* Chevron synthetic blend 5w30
* Havoline synthetic blend 5w30
* Valvoline Maxlife synthetic blend 5w30
* Costco FS 5w30
* Carquest FS 5w30
All of them.

Just been busy. And not like it's the most valuable or particularly exciting year to drive.

View attachment 72856

Might just take it to this Corvette show on Saturday, https://www.vette-club.org/events/376/
My old boss had an 83 Porsche that he loved but he only drove in town under 40 mph for 1500 miles a year. He would hand me the keys to "blow it out". Not a desirable car at that time but he loved it. It would smoke for miles from carbon.New a couple of owners of these vets all of them hopped up.

I don't see the point of 6-12 month OCIs on cars driven 500-1000 miles. Maybe if the oil looks dark, but I can't imagine that with those circumstances. I mean, I last changed the oil on an old Corvette in 2016 and have driven it maybe 200 miles since. No hurry to change it still.
I used to average way less that 1000 miles a year on my Chevelle. I still changed the oil and filter once every 12 months on advice from my dealership mechanic buddies and other car collectors. Lots of folks don't realize even carbureted autos would get oil dilution & moisture from time to time. Depending on use and cold damp weather or simply the area climate. Also would always keep gas tank 100% full during the winter months when it was damp and cool weather if the car sat too long to avoid moisture build up in gas. Probably a bit over the top but never had a one mechanical or fuel related issue. no matter how long she sat, she would crank up every time.

I'm doing short interval OCIs on many vehicles, all based on time (6-12 months) with low miles (500-1000 or so miles each). Filters replaced about every 12-18 months or about every 2-3 oil changes. Here's my oil inventory to pick from and I'm curious what the crowd says may be the ranking based on your experience/information. I'm not opposed to using synthetic blends given the low miles I put on these vehicles.

Vehicles are all 10+ years old and high miles qualifying.

Any opinions on anything you personally really like and had great results with or do not care for or had bad results with, for CURRENT or recent API SN or NS+ categories?

5w20/0w20. It does get sub zero here but may not ever get low enough for 0w20 to be needed, but I can use it and am leaning toward putting a 0w20 before winter and then returning to 5w20 in spring.
* Quaker State FS High Mile 0w20
* Carquest FS 0w20
* Castrol Edge FS black bottle with titanium 0w20
* Castrol Edge FS extended protection 5w20
* Pennzoil FS high mile 5w20
* Pennzoil synthetic blend 5w20
* Carquest (now Fram) FS 5w20
* Valvoline FS Maxlife 5w20
* Costco FS 5w20
* Mobil1 FS High Miles 5w20

5w30
* Quaker State FS High Miles 5w30
* Mobil1 Advanced FS 5w30
* Mobil1 Extended Protection High Miles FS 5w30
* Mobil1 High Miles FS 5w30
* Pennzoil FS high miles 5w30
* Pennzoil synthetic blend 5w30
* Chevron synthetic blend 5w30
* Havoline synthetic blend 5w30
* Valvoline Maxlife synthetic blend 5w30
* Costco FS 5w30
* Carquest FS 5w30
Send me 5 quarts of each and I will give you a detailed report! haha:) best of luck sir!

I'm a huge advocate for Havoline Pro DS Full Synthetic Eco 6qt cardboard box @ wally world for $19 and some change.

Back