Please help locate fluid, filter, and gasket for 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Thanks for everything so far. My sister changed the information just now, she now says he only went to the indepentent mechanic, who told him the materials were not available.

They almost always only use the dealers, and she told me that he had used both the dealer, and then the independent.

But now she says only the indepentent was tried.

The info about it posibably being a way of passing on a job is good. We had not thought of that. Thanks Rand. And thanks everyone. I will add to this thread when I have more information.

Last edited:
Some place will have the filter and gasket. May take a day or so to get it. With the currant parts problems you get what you can get. Fram, Purolator,AutoZone brand etc.

Fluid should not be to hard to get but you may get say Valvoline instead or oem fluid. Use it as it's fine.

Just an update, my B.I.L. talked to a dealer and the dealer told him "that transmission has a lifetime fill." A he bought that line.

I asked my sister how many miles are on it now, and she said 35K.

So I'm thinking if they still have it when it reaches 60K then highly suggest to them that at that mileage the transmission fluid and filter really should be changed.

This thread with my sister changing the information and my thread today with my brother giving me the wrong oil weight specifications for his 2011 F150 3.5 L have really taught me that when people who know little about vehicle maintance talk to you, you better check and even double check what they are talking about.

This is just a small sample from two people, but must be an indication of some of the things that people who work to fix vehicles (not me) have to put up with on a regular basis.

Brother in law - "The mechanic said my hyphadeufenater was going bad... said I needed new zing-bobbers, too."
Me - "There are no such things as those parts in your car."
Brother in law - "What do you know? You're not a mechanic."
Me - "OK, fine. I'll mind my own business."

Found a pan/filter on Summit Racing for a ZF8 for that year.

They also have a Dorman filter kit that reuses your existing pan. I don't know anything about either, though.

It's good that someone makes a kit that allows reuse of the pan. No sarcasm intended.

Last Dorman product I purchased and installed was the washer/coolant reservoir in the Safari. Filled the reservoirs and went on my way. A few days later when I went to check/top off the coolant; both reservoirs were empty. The washer reservoir may have leaked at the included washer pump. But the coolant reservoir?

Choose wisely, Grasshopper.

Back