Please help locate fluid, filter, and gasket for 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Hi everyone. My B.I.L. has a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee that he is the original owner of, and it is due for a transmission fluid and filter change to keep it in warranty. But the dealer can not locate the materials required to do the job.

Are there any good online stores that have what is needed in stock at a decent price?

It would be helpful if you knew the part numbers to also include that information, for everythng, fluid, filter, and gasket(s)?

Ps, I did a search but am not sure, does this job require 10 quarts, or a different amount of fluid?

I am not familiar with the online stores that carry Jeep products.

Thanks for any information.

JimPghPA

Last edited:
I dont think I would go back to that dealer.

IIRC you need 9.5 quarts of the ZF fluid and the replacement transmission pan that is how you change the filter.

Fluid runs 20-26$/quart and the filter/pan is around 200

I would budget $500
I'm not knowledgeable on that transmission.. maybe a video .. let me google again.
Edit:

Last edited:
He is looking for a place to purchase the fluid, and filter, and gasket(s).

My sister and he use dealers for servicing there 2018 Honda CR-V and the Jeep.

What sort of dealer cant source parts? Would make me wonder about their service dept.
Just edited my post. $37 for 3-days. PDF print what you need.
maybe I cant see that because I'm not logged in?
image_2022-02-22_175059.jpg

Were not looking to prescribed to an information system about Jeeps. They are still planning on having the deal or do the job. But we need to come up with a source for the materials?

That is what we could use some help locating?

What engine does the jeep have? May or may not matter.. but its required for parts lookup.

Were not looking to prescribed to an information system about Jeeps. They are still planning on having the deal or do the job. But we need to come up with a source for the materials?

That is what we could use some help locating?
That makes zero sense. If the dealer is doing the work, they are more than capable of sourcing the necessary parts.

Sounds like they need to find a different dealer.

What engine does the jeep have? May or may not matter.. but its required for parts lookup.
My sister is at my house now, and she said he would not know what size engine, and he will not go outside now in the rain to look. But she will ask him to find out tomorrow. I will post that as soon as I can.

I asked for part numbers because when I buy parts for my CR-V I need part numbers at most online stores. And I would look up availability and price before passing it on to them.

I asked for part numbers because when I buy parts for my CR-V I need part numbers at most online stores. And I would look up availability and price before passing it on to them.
If a dealer "cant find parts" its usually lingo for we dont want to do this job. I am not trying to be mean(honestly) but that is unheard of and not a legit issue.
The engine might not make a difference, but most sites want it for lookup.
would they know v8 or v6?

Can you provide a little more information about your Jeep? What engine?

Definitely seems like ZF 8HP.
Filter is integrated into pan.
Fluid wise: LifeGuard 8. Or you can use a "suitable for" fluid like Valvoline Maxlife, Redline D6, Amsoil FE, Motul, Liqui Moly, etc......

1645572906671.jpg

If a dealer "cant find parts" its usually lingo for we dont want to do this job. I am not trying to be mean(honestly) but that is unheard of and not a legit issue.
The engine might not make a difference, but most sites want it for lookup.
would they know v8 or v6?
It is a 6 cylinder.

Get Maxlife ATF from Walmart. Dealers don't use OEM fluids for customer pay work anyway :sneaky:

Maxlife has been used successfully on the ZF8. The filter is integrated into the pan. You can find a cheap pan on eBay.

Back