Please explain this behavior to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you've listed some of the myriad of reasons why people in society have built up hostility and impatience with others. There's literally no reason for the Lexus driver to park as they did, with visibly 6 other spots. So absent a good reason, at best it's thoughtless and oblivious. At worst it's an irrational mental ailment or on purpose to be a jackwad.

All of this, and so much more, inconsiderate selfish behavior is the unraveling of the fabric of our society. We are no longer considerate, polite thoughtful fellow people. We, as a whole, have become totally self-obsessed inconsiderate oblivious jerks who disrespect the wishes of others - at times on purpose.

The other day I was going 75-80mph on the interstate, passing a series of Semi Trucks traveling around 70mph. I was diligently passing, not squatting in the left lane. A car zips up on my ***, 1 car length away. At 75mph. Not only extremely unsafe, but extremely rude. Why do people behave this way?

It's not the end of the world, but it is just one of billions of examples of a very unhealthy mental illness in society. And in the aggregate it's why seemingly everyone is so short and rude in society.
Funny, I would associate the left lane behavior you described with someone like the OP that gets worked up about parking lot issues vs. the person in the white car that probably did this without any idea that it causes folks to lose their minds.

Funny, I would associate the left lane behavior you described with someone like the OP that gets worked up about parking lot issues vs. the person in the white car that probably did this without any idea that it causes folks to lose their minds.
Agreed, fast lane policing is way worse than parking PERFECTLY CENTERED next to someone's car and doing no damage.
and I find the irony that this passed unnoticed by LC to be hilarious.

What is functionally wrong with a person that feels they have to do this? Is this from extreme laziness where a she is afraid she's going to walk three extra steps to get in the building, or is somebody trying to make a point about something here? In my younger days I would have slammed my door into hers to return this sentiment, but since I try to act like an adult now, and this garage is full of cameras, I'll try to ignore what a dumb _______ she is. But my forgiving nature will quickly turn if I find a ding.

What is this about?

View attachment 144276
I've had the same thing happen ... it's frustrating. Was there any evidence of a door ding? People that have done that to me didn't leave any damage fortunately.

I mean where do we draw the line though?

I can remember one specific instance maybe six or eight years ago where some guy in a delivery van box truck with huge wide mirrors parked so close to me I literally could not get in my car. I can't remember if he was in the lines or whatever but the thing was so big it probably didn't matter. I had to open the passenger door, put the car in neutral and push it out of the spot in order to get in.

I mean where do we draw the line though?

I can remember one specific instance maybe six or eight years ago where some guy in a delivery van box truck with huge wide mirrors parked so close to me I literally could not get in my car. I can't remember if he was in the lines or whatever but the thing was so big it probably didn't matter. I had to open the passenger door, put the car in neutral and push it out of the spot in order to get in.
...and it made ya a better man for it..

SO are those two spaces the only ones right there with no special designation? Too hard to figure unless a person knows exactly how this situation ended up as it is in photo.? I must have really missed somthing in the photo or some proof of this situation elsewhere. Is there some evidence such as a video or still photo shots that prove to us who drove what , when? Who parked first? How many other cars were there before this scene unfolded? Ended up in the view we see now?

The interesting thing is until I looked at the avatar, I thought the Camry owner was the one who posted, assuming it was in the closest spot other than handicapped, and then some other car parks next to it, and like everyone else, was wondering what the issue was :ROFLMAO:

Anyone who lets this get on your nerves should probably not go to a NFL game. Bad enough getting in, but after all the Budweisers watch out. Fans cannot even walk straight... When the home team loses you are in deep yogurt.

I catch 49er games when I can. My grand nieces like the Model 3. Nope...

Which would require the person to first KNOW this is a social norm which I argue, for many folks is not the case. So until they know it, hard to expect them to abide by it.
I've lived in Panama, Mexico, and Peru. I have relatives in Argentina and Chile. I've had long-term relationships with women from Colombia, Panama, Peru, and Argentina as well as with women from different socio-economic situations and different locations in the US. I've traveled through and spent time in about 44 of the states in the US, and spent a few months in Western Canada and Alaska. What is considered acceptable behavior in some places is unacceptable elsewhere. There are very few worldwide social norms. Acceptable behavior and norms can often be different in different places.

I've had the same thing happen ... it's frustrating. Was there any evidence of a door ding? People that have done that to me didn't leave any damage fortunately.
I'll find out this weekend during the cleanup from this week's weather.

I've lived in Panama, Mexico, and Peru. I have relatives in Argentina and Chile. I've had long-term relationships with women from Colombia, Panama, Peru, and Argentina as well as with women from different socio-economic situations and different locations in the US. I've traveled through and spent time in about 44 of the states in the US, and spent a few months in Western Canada and Alaska. What is considered acceptable behavior in some places is unacceptable elsewhere. There are very few worldwide social norms. Acceptable behavior and norms can often be different in different places.

This is absolutely true. However it also takes a person to understand and recognize those social/societal norms to make that point.

SO are those two spaces the only ones right there with no special designation? Too hard to figure unless a person knows exactly how this situation ended up as it is in photo.? I must have really missed somthing in the photo or some proof of this situation elsewhere. Is there some evidence such as a video or still photo shots that prove to us who drove what , when? Who parked first? How many other cars were there before this scene unfolded? Ended up in the view we see now?
I parked there at 7:00 a.m., came back down around 11:00, and found the Lexus there. I was the only one in the area when I got to work, and we were the only cars there when I went to lunch.

What is functionally wrong with a person that feels they have to do this? Is this from extreme laziness where a she is afraid she's going to walk three extra steps to get in the building, or is somebody trying to make a point about something here? In my younger days I would have slammed my door into hers to return this sentiment, but since I try to act like an adult now, and this garage is full of cameras, I'll try to ignore what a dumb _______ she is. But my forgiving nature will quickly turn if I find a ding.

What is this about?

View attachment 144276
m-photo-u1.jpg

I can’t believe there’s 9 pages and 170 posts in under 6 hours about a parking spot.
Just goes to show how many active people are on BITOG talking on and off about non OIL related subjects. I know it is a conundrum. At least we have good rules and moderators and very limited people get out of control and attacking or threaten folks like most of those social media sites do.

What's it say in the blue box in all those other parking spots?

img_20230310_111618640-jpg.144276

Did OP pay for the space next to his Mustang? No? Then he doesn't get to control what happens to it.

Same as buying an airplane seat, and not being allowed to "manspread" across both armrests.

Parking out in the weeds screams, to me, "Look at me, I'm a very important person with a $30k sports car!" It's like its trying to start a one-car car show, but don't get too close! Worship the car which is better than your camry, but don't touch it, it's the most important car in the whole lot.

I myself park in the "shadow" of other cars for perceived safety, mostly against plow trucks and random drunks. We have high snow banks right now and corners are more blind than normal. Maybe Camry person was feeling claustrophobic themselves and felt safer next to any other car. And they were likely oblivious that a 2-door ford is a "premium" vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back