Pirelli P7 All Season Plus II

OMG! I just ordered a set online, wanting a softer ride than OEM Goodyear Eagles, but didn't expect to hear so many folks talk about squirming, wandering, etc. The Eagles now, track as straight as anything I've ever had, but they are a bit hard.
Guess I can't have it both ways. LOL

OMG! I just ordered a set online, wanting a softer ride than OEM Goodyear Eagles, but didn't expect to hear so many folks talk about squirming, wandering, etc. The Eagles now, track as straight as anything I've ever had, but they are a bit hard.
I had them on the front of my Genesis, no squirm, they’re great.

I have about 6K on these tires now.

Wet and dry traction are comparable to the Premiers.

These ride softer and are noticeably quieter.

Bad news is a "wobbly feeling" that was not present on the Premiers; it feels like tread squirm. I think this is due to the softer sidewalls.

Overall they are a solid all-season tire for someone who values ride quality and traction, but is not too concerned about handling.
My current P7(gen1) replaced the OE Michelin Primacy MXV4 on my Altima. I don't notice any tire squirm/wobbly feeling with the P7 but I did notice it with the MXV4. My P7 are V speed rated but we did have H speed rated on a '06 Mazda3 & '03 Mitsubishi Outlander and I didn't notice any squirm either. I keep my psi at or slightly above the recommendation.

Got an email from good folks at Discount Tire that above order was canceled and money being refunded. No reason given! No alternative suggested!

Got an email from good folks at Discount Tire that above order was canceled and money being refunded. No reason given! No alternative suggested!
If you are looking for a smooth, quiet ride with confident handling, take a look at the Continental Purecontact LS. Another good one that is less performance oriented is the Continental TrueContact Tour.

Consider the CrossClimate2’s. Just installed a set on the in-law’s Camry and they are ridiculously quiet and well driving.

Back