Picked up a case of Motorcraft Full Synthetic 5w20

22BC153B-9241-474F-8DFE-60077BE752AB.jpeg
17E75DFA-47CE-4498-91D4-D21BC89373DF.jpeg
318C7F27-7054-4585-A792-9A2B531246F0.jpeg

I’ve never seen the full synthetic version locally anywhere besides maybe a dealer.

I'm really digging that houndstooth pattern on the label. That'll really make me buy this over any of the countless other options.

Motorcraft was a solid fuel economy oil a decade ago, This should be with a try. I would buy a case. If someone GAVE it to me I would run it without hesitation. Maybe the brothers to the North could chime in aboot TropArtic which is (or was) same - though I would be suspicious of those who cannot spell Arctic.

But I keep on repeating, with Valvoline Advanced 5W30 setting such a high bar for "Walmart" purchased oils,
Why buy anything else? Including RGT "flavour of the month"

maybe this ?

that is semi-syn which all API SM/ SP is.

Probably have to move that out fast BC Chevron is likely to file suit over copyright infringement on their Havoline Product.

:) :) ;)

Whereas many crack … P66 runs hydro process to make GII+ or GIII … so “Full Synthetic“ is probably just a better ratio to meet 120 VI or whatever they targeted like the cheap Dexos lubes do with EHC …
They manage to be low bid somehow 😷

CVX has a GII+ as well … suspect DS Pro is a stretch of terms as well …

Motorcraft was a solid fuel economy oil a decade ago, This should be with a try. I would buy a case. If someone GAVE it to me I would run it without hesitation. Maybe the brothers to the North could chime in aboot TropArtic which is (or was) same - though I would be suspicious of those who cannot spell Arctic.

But I keep on repeating, with Valvoline Advanced 5W30 setting such a high bar for "Walmart" purchased oils,
Why buy anything else? Including RGT "flavour of the month"

I find this interesting. I’m running VAS 5W-20 SN PLUS in my Hyundai 2.4 GDI right now and at 3,500 miles into this oil change the oil still looks almost new in color. My previous oil changes I have used QSUD 5W-30 SN, Havoline ProDS 5W-30 SN, and PUP 5W-30 SN. At 3,000 miles all the previous oils would be very dark by now. So I’m not sure why the VAS 5W-20 SN PLUS still looks clean at 3,500 miles. This is the first SN PLUS oil I’ve used in the Hyundai, so I’m not sure if this is a result is VAS itself, or if this is a SN PLUS characteristic. This is also the first time this engine has seen 5W-20 besides the factor fill so IDK!

Neat to see this oil - we don’t hear about it very much these days.
Thanks for posting the pics!

Back