Pick this summers oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get political, but that happens here, too, and there's a reason for that. In Canada, we as the public don't ourselves press charges, but if your vehicle is impounded (a good example is a disqualified driver, say a friend, a member of the family, or even a theft since a disqualified driver will trigger an impound). You are perfectly entitled to get that vehicle back before the statutory impound period is over if you didn't authorize them to use the vehicle, but to trigger that proviso, you need to provide a statement to police that the vehicle was taken without your consent - stolen - and they decide whether or not to charge. Otherwise, there is the problem of habitual disqualified drivers just having someone else register their vehicles.

Originally Posted by SteveG4
Chevron. Stick with your local Californian oil producer.
smile.gif

^^^^^^^^^

I agree... Go with Chevron Supreme SAE 30.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Why even change viscosity when in California where it doesn't get very cold.

The lower Winter number will still lubicate the top of the engine faster.

Flip a coin, mix five containers as you did not say how much oil you have or that a 4.0 likely holds 5 quarts in the crankcase capacity, or go half on each straight 30.

Originally Posted by talest
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Why even change viscosity when in California where it doesn't get very cold.

The lower Winter number will still lubicate the top of the engine faster.

Flip a coin, mix five containers as you did not say how much oil you have or that a 4.0 likely holds 5 quarts in the crankcase capacity, or go half on each straight 30.

Not unless its colder than -30 F

The CJ5 I had years ago with the 258 6 loved straight 30wt oil. Since your 4.0 is a modern variation of that same engine, I am sure the same will hold true to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back