Photos not uploading 📸

12.5 mega pixels, 3000x4000,

I wasn't really wanting to upload a picture. I was just trying to see if it would work.

IMG_5740.jpg

Works here... <shrug>

I have been experiencing the same issue all day. Just tried again with a 3.8MB photo and I got the same error message both through Chrome on a Windows 11 PC and Chrome on my Android phone.

Edit: I killed my VPN as well just to eliminate variables and that also did not work.

It's still very intermittent for me 😕
Smaller pictures are more likely to upload, but it's still restricting where I used to be able to upload whatever I wanted, it would automatically compress down 🤷‍♂️

Actually not. It just seems to be an issue with the original save of the file. Cropping another photo down to 4.6MB works. The original photos just won't upload.

I took mine with a Google Pixel 6a, for the record.

I've been having this exact issue for the past 1-1.5 months. I thought it was my phone, but I guess it's BITOG. I also noticed this inconsistency to where sometimes a "heavy" picture goes through, but a "lighter" (megabytes wise) pic gives me such error, until I edit or crop the picture again to decrease its megabytes even more, and then still it's a 50/50 shot.

I just uploaded a few pics to another thread without issues. But just a thought - could it be related to some phones taking "live" pics? So a few frames end up too much for BITOG, but once it's edited or cropped - it saves as a single frame picture, so then BITOG has no problems processing it? Just a thought, idk, nothing else seems to explain this phenomenon to my non-tech and very old school mechanical brain.

I've spent a lot of time and this and can't come up with anything. The idea that these photos may be live versions is worth a look.

That's crazy...never an issue on Android 14 os.
My old LG with Android OS 7 still uploads photo seamlessly. Don't have to crop them, as it seems BITOG automatically reduces their size upon uploading them.

Thought to chime in. I also am not able to load photos, especially from an Android phone, which worked flawlessly for years on BITOG. The only fix I could find was to email the photo to myself, and then edit and save the photo in powerpoint as a jpg. I reduced the average photo size from 4.3meg to 1.6meg, made no difference. I was using "attach files" instead of the insert image icon- I will try insert image icon in the future.

I was using "attach files" instead of the insert image icon- I will try insert image icon in the future.
I always use the "insert image" icon to upload photos, and it always works for me regardless if on a computer (using Firefox) or using an Android phone.

I always use the "insert image" icon to upload photos, and it always works for me regardless if on a computer (using Firefox) or using an Android phone.
Thanks, I never even noticed that icon until it was highlighted in this thread. I suspect I use about two percent of the features technology offers.

Quick update tried using the photo icon instead of attaching photo as an attachment.

Get an "oops error message" when using the photo icon on Android phone. Prior to the past few weeks, something I had done successful with same phone on BITOG for years. I them emailed the photos to myself and tried uploading the photos from my Windows 11 notebook, photo attaching to BITOG still failed.

My workaround as posted earlier is to insert the photo in a PowerPoint page, and then save the PowerPoint page as a jpg, then I can successfully post the photo on BITOG.

On my new Galaxy phone, I can simply copy a photo off my phone to the phone's clip board & then simply paste it right into the post without using any of the board upload methods.

Back