Philips X-Treme Power in H7 and H4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, rat. will do that...

do you think you can get the part# and the name of the place they ordered it from your manager friend? Then I can give my local NAPA the info and it will be easier for them to order...
I would appreciate it very much.

Last edited:
I used the H4 version in my old Elantra. That was the Euro-spec bulb shipped from Britain, though. Freaking amazing how much more light they put out. No word on how the US-spec version is, and you'll likely not find much since it's such a small user population, sorry to say.

I'm interested in these along with a lighting harness to do over the lights in my Buick LeSabre. Sylvania XtraVision low beams helped, but it's still not where I want it. First I should clean the not-very cloudy headlight that glares a lot more than the other one. Don't want to be blinding people.

I just picked a set of H7 Xtreme power bulbs off ebay for $20. Now I have to order a set of sealed beam conversion housings.

I installed them in my 07 accord and they are brighter then HIR bulbs....Plus there is no gimminch blue tint on these bulbs like silverstar...

I've been using them for just about one year in the low and high beams. I'm happy with them.

This bulb is good, but the lifetime is kind of shorter than the normal bulb. Mine blown about 1 year.
The interesting part is one of the bulb died within minutes from the other one (for the H4 low beam) so I would agree how precise they made this things.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
This bulb is good, but the lifetime is kind of shorter than the normal bulb. Mine blown about 1 year.

I drive on average 45 minutes with the lights on per day. That comes to about 274 hours with the low beams on per year.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
The interesting part is one of the bulb died within minutes from the other one (for the H4 low beam) so I would agree how precise they made this things.

That is disappointing. Normal OEM bulbs last for many years. At least that has been my experience.

- Vikas

Shame they don't last long. I installed the H4's in my fiancee's Fit, and she went "Wow!" when she hit the headlights after installing them. Very white, and much more light than the OEM bulbs now stored in the cargo area as spares.

Changing bulbs on that car is a 5 minute job, I'm not worried.

I just bought a set for $50 at Meijer, the 9006 size for my Integra. I can't really tell much of a difference yet since it's still light outside, but I'll try to test them out tonight
thumbsup2.gif

I noticed quite a difference with the Euro-spec H4's I installed, and the fiancee hasn't complained yet! Read my post above for her reaction.

I'd love to hear back what you think about the 9006 version!

I think my headlights might need some slight adjustment (is this normal after replacing bulbs?) but I can definitely tell that they are brighter than the stock ones and I can also see further down the road. I've also noticed that the light seems more white, but that could just be my imagination...

the real test would be to see how ANY brand of new bulbs would look after replacing a pair of 15 yr old OEM bulbs...
not saying that the Xtreme powers are bad, just trying to imagine how much of the difference is really due to the particular bulb, and how much is due to them just being newer by 15 yrs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back