LED H4 bulbs are close to reaching focus-parity with halogen in reflector headlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest gripe I had with my Diode Dynamics SL1 LED’s was the awful color temp and CRI. Yeah, they’re “white” but it washed everything out, even more so in inclement weather. I’d love for some 4500-4800k LED’s that rival the Philips Xtreme Vision HID’s I had on my Durango. That was like driving with pure sunlight coming out of my headlights.

That would be my strong preference aswell. Luckily the car has bi-HID (4300K lo-hi projector)) and on top of that an H1 extra high beam which is also used for signalling. I currently have a Philips Extreme ultinoin LED replacement in there but it's not quite what I want.

I just read recently that Philips has now road legal h4 LED replacement bulbs certified in Germany, the UltinonPro 6000.
Read many reviews on consumer magazines, automotive testing association and it's the real deal. Much brighter and much longer reach than halogen bulbs. I currently run LED Philips Xtreme gen 2 H4 bulbs in a reflector housing on a 22 year old Saab and couldn't be happier.
The instal was tricky as you need room for the canbus adaptor ( underneath the reflector in my case) but the newer H4 leds for Germany seem to do away with the bulky canbus adapator. I needed to have the headlights aim readjusted but what a difference, especially with the high beams on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back