PG&E - Paralyzed from the neck up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dishdude
I'm sure the people are great and I can see wanting to leave wildfires. But for snow and tornadoes?
No earthquakes there at least. If you want to go somewhere for the climate, San Diego is hard to beat. Maybe Flagstaff too. Lots of choices. Oregon anyone?

Originally Posted by dogememe
It sucked not having any power for several days and even worse they had no idea when it was going out or coming back.

I work at an auto parts store and I set up a generator and got our computers, servers, networking equipment, credit card terminals, and phone system online, so we could be open, but no lights so we had to close at 6 when it got dark. Had record sales (generators, gas cans, 10w-30, fuel stabilizer, inverters, batteries, flashlights, etc) so our company made good money but I feel for all the small businesses whose food went bad and/or couldn't be open.

I've been thinking about moving, I'm fact had plans to, although it fell through, I'm going to prioritize that now. I have a phone/video interview for a job in Springfield MO next week. With our insane cost of living I at least expect a hot shower, lights, and internet. And it seems CA can't even deliver that!! Time to Go!

North Carolina is absolutely lovely. It's clean, green, not on fire, things are cheap and the people are wonderful. I greatly prefer it to California, having frequented both.

+1000 OVERKILL
smile.gif

Are those generators designed for hot refills or are you just being careful to not miss and set yourself on fire?

I've been really thinking about getting a generator that can run my sump pumps. My little harbor freight generator can run the TV, cable modem xbox, etc ... but can't run the furnace , sump pump or Fridge. I'm not so worried about losing the furnace (kerosene heater and just run the water), but I am worried about losing my sump pumps after a storm. I would have been massively in trouble if I lost power during last week's flooding.

Also, I can 100% see national grid cutting power during a snow storm to "play it safe"

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
They need to force them into bankruptcy and sell them to the highest bidder!

You couldn't give that utility away. Cali will take it over. It's going to be fun to watch a 3rd world power grid right here in the US.

Uncle Dave what is the data center for? Is it considered non critical because you lack a proper power backup system? That is pretty neat improvise using generator sets in parallel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back