Petro Canada Duradrive MV Synthetic ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Camry_Frenzy37
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
OK, did a 6L pan dump with it. Shifts are less pronounced, but quicker.... sort of weird! Though it may just be the adaptive shift strategy learning the new fluid.

Hmm, keep us updated on how the shifts feel!
Curious if they change in the next few days

If anything, they are even better now that I've got some mileage on it.... WEIRD!

I just want to update this:

This is by far the best ATF I've ever used. Shifts are quicker, converter engagement from lock/unlock is smoother. And the low-load shift into overdrive is cleaner and smoother, with no harshness.

Shifting in general is quicker and more precise, especially when driven hard.

I'm very surprised. It significantly out-performs the Motorcraft Mercon V and the Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in this transmission.

I'm very surprised. It significantly out-performs the Motorcraft Mercon V and the Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in this transmission.

Very nice...
thumbsup2.gif

I honestly have never heard of Petro-Canada before coming to this site. Do they sell in the US?

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

Very nice...
thumbsup2.gif

I honestly have never heard of Petro-Canada before coming to this site. Do they sell in the US?

I'm not sure. I know Johnny likes their products, that's why he had me send him that tube of grease.

I'd also like to know If I can just throw this into a 2003 GMC 1/2 ton 5.3L auto tranny and call it a day. Is it fully backwards compatible with their specs? Since it was mentioned that it could be finicky I'd love to hear a real world review in my series of tranny. I just got the truck and am going to replace every single fluid in there. If this DuraDrive is that good perhaps power steering and the AutoTrak may be included.

I'd love to find a proven AutoTrak fluid but at a 2L volume it's not the end of the world to go OEM.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

Hagan Kennington Oil Co in NC is a distributor. If you email PetroCanada they can probably point you to a closer US distributor. Check out this site

http://lubricants.petro-canada.ca/en/about/207.aspx

PetroCanada lubricants...The new "hot commodity" on BITOG? :)

I picked up 13L of DuraDrive. It's only $ 0.10C a liter more than PC DEX 6. It's thicker than DEX 6 by their ratings and also I noted this:

99.9% pure, crystal clear PURITY VHVI Synthetic Base Fluids - DuraDrive

99.9% pure, crystal clear PURITY Synthetic Base Fluids - DEX 6

We'll see how it goes after I do a complete drain and fill.

Not in Walmart, Autozone, AdvanceAuto, Pepboys, Napa..... doubt that it'll be a hot commodity here. Its just another universal multivehicle ATF.

This PetroCan ATF and Esso XD3 make us jealous. And, we will one day get back our UFC welterweight belt ;-)

What you get up north of a border is an ATF that'll equal or match the performance of our boutique brands, at a fair price. If it works for you, stick with it.
If you find it near you in the 'States', give it a try in place of the other brands.

If you're in the USA and can't afford Amsoil, Redline, Mobil1, Royalpurple, make sure you check out the Amalie online store.

With all the good stuff of the Duradrive MV ATF, which is a $l less than Mobil1 MV ATF, I would choose to use M1 as it is easily available and also has a bullet proof track record of servce across multiple vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Koz1
What is the cost of this product.
Thanks.
Im going to have to find it for my car.

I don't remember off-hand, but was AROUND $5/L I think?

I'll be grabbing a couple more cases of it in the next bit, doing my next full flush on the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back