Pet peeve!! MOBIL not MOBILE

"Where is it at?" Putting "at" on the end is not necessary!
And the trend that has started with people saying "so" at the front of most sentences.

there are several people saying mobile instead of MOBIL

I don't use Mobile One since I've always used Amsoil.
By using Amsoil, I don't have to worry about spelling Mobile One right or not so it's a win win for me!
smile-grin6.gif

There's a sign at the end of my street, that says "STOP". How does that differ from "Stop"? Wouldn't a regular stop be sufficient? Should I stomp on the brake pedal when the sign says "STOP"?

There's a sign at the end of my street, that says "STOP". How does that differ from "Stop"? Wouldn't a regular stop be sufficient? Should I stomp on the brake pedal when the sign says "STOP"?
Don’t they realize it’s rude to yell?

The STOP sign at the end of our main thoroughfare is quite rude, it has solar/battery powered blinking red LEDs at each of the eight corners! It shouts, "STOP texting for a moment and look at me, stupid!"

That said, this literally ends our thread of pet peeves.

I've been considering getting a Corvette, to have a more streetable sportscar. I looked at a Corvette forum. Those guys are absolutely obsessed... After seeing the how Corvette owners are perceived, I'm not sure I can do it.
Reminds me of the joke, “What’s the difference between a cactus and a Corvette?”

I would like to own a Corvette sometime, but I fully expect some ribbing that goes with the brand.

IIRC, "prolly" is fastr 2 typ. NGL, I roll wid it, lo key. HMU if u got mor questions. TY 4 bringin dis up tho, FR no lie. Aight, g2g. thx.
We have a forum member here who posts exactly like that, in every post. I won't name him, but hopefully he'll recognize himself. But most likely he won't.

Reminds me of the joke, “What’s the difference between a cactus and a Corvette?”

I would like to own a Corvette sometime, but I fully expect some ribbing that goes with the brand.
Gen 5's were pretty affordable (well under 1$5K for low milage) until the used car price runup the past few years. Problem was the crummy GM organo-melt Rubbermaid interior on those - and the effeminate body styling.

Haven't tried it, but the Gen 4 LT4 with a stick is supposedly the last really good driver.

I once heard a high school teacher say "code" instead of cold, and "sode" instead of sold. I couldn't tell if it was laziness, a speech impediment, or some sort of dialect or region-specific pronunciation.

The crazy thing was it was in the winter, and she kept talking about Facebook Marketplace and the weather, so she kept saying both of those words over and over. It was driving me nuts. I SO wanted to correct her, but kept my mouth shut.
Be careful about correcting teachers. You could be perceived to have micro aggressions and be sent to struggle sessions and then reeducation camp.

Sounds like teachers today may different from 40 years ago?

They emphasize it for effect because people are morons.

Except that it's AMSOIL, right?

Nah, I get the special stuff the CEO uses and only the A is capitalized so it's like a normal Amsoil label, you know one that is not screaming at me.

All caps means they are screaming "STOP" at you.

Maybe it's Amsoile? 😜

You know old chap, That's only in bloody England

So, what is the difference?

Don't leave us hanging man!

Back