Performance Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have run tunes on many different vehicles.

The piggybacks are actually defeated by many cars adaptive programming. For example, in my sig car they make an initial difference but are soon diminished in performance.

Diablosport is a great company that makes the best canned tunes for late model Mopars. Each company has areas of expertise, and it is worthwhile to check their resume for extensive experience in/on your platform.

A "canned" tune can also be tweaked by email! Pretty simple, too...

As always thank you everyone for the info, I recently found out the Lap3 tune was developed by a company called Pross. It looks like they have a lot of experience tuning Hyundais over in South Korea.

http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t-discussion-2013-up/437673-lap3-pross-tune.html

For now I'm going to wait and see how this tune holds up, other canned tunes available for my car don't seem reliable. A lot of forum users end up grenading their engines.

I found out the boost would increase from 17-18psi to around 22-24.

Last edited:
If your stock program is already running 17psi, then I would highly suggest not tuning that to run any higher. That's the reason that people are grenading their engines.

What brand turbo is your Hyundai running? My Audi uses Borg Warner KO3 turbos.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
If your stock program is already running 17psi, then I would highly suggest not tuning that to run any higher. That's the reason that people are grenading their engines.

What brand turbo is your Hyundai running? My Audi uses Borg Warner KO3 turbos.

It's a Mitsubishi td04-19t and the engine block is basically from a lancer. Hyundai did detune it and change a few things though.

I've had a 91+ octane reflash on my Cruze for about 110k miles now. I have only good things to say about my particular tune since it was meant from the get-go to be more of a drivability tune than a all-out power tune. It kept the engine pulling strongly to redline instead of petering out at 5000 RPM, bumped the low-end and mid-range power, and made the throttle more responsive to driver input. The power bump was modest at ~25 hp and 50-60 ft/lbs depending on conditions. It's running the turbo no harder than the factory altitude compensation would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back