OBD2 performance chips

I fell down the ebay rabbit hole and found myself looking at OBD2 performance chips.

I know 99% of them are scams and are nothing more than a blinky light box but I was curious if anybody knew of any that actually work and produce a noticable difference.

I know that only a real computer re-tune will make a huge difference but I'm always down to test something out for scientific purposes lol

Is this for your Nissan? Unless you have a turbo or supercharged engine, you won't be able to squeeze out any noticeable performance gains out of an NA engine.

Is this for your Nissan? Unless you have a turbo or supercharged engine, you won't be able to squeeze out any noticeable performance gains out of an NA engine.
Yeah I'd be putting it in the Pathfinder.

I know I couldn't gain a whole lot because I'm NA and have a CVT but I'd like to make it a bit more "aggressive" feeling.

Didn't know they had them for Pathfinders... Would you go for a 93 tune? I know nadda about your engine but I presume some of the VVT engines could be coaxed into more power on a tune that basically raises compression through valve timing tricks, but I'd be surprised if it didn't then require more octane.

A chip might though turn off torque management, and might make the throttle more snappy, I could see that, and that alone might make a chip "wake up" a vehicle. But I'm a bit dubious as to just how much remains locked inside the ECU, many of those limits were set for reasons.

I wonder if a new set of tires wouldn't yield better results. A shorter tire will increase leverage (acting like a deeper final drive ratio); if it was also more narrow, and perhaps most importantly, lower weight, it may yield faster 0-60's.

Yeah I'd be putting it in the Pathfinder.

I know I couldn't gain a whole lot because I'm NA and have a CVT but I'd like to make it a bit more "aggressive" feeling.
If you want a more aggressive “feeling” one of those throttle boosters (assuming drive by wire) might be the ticket. They don’t improve power or anything, just how it feels. Anything that plugs into the OBD port will either do nothing at all or be very quickly ignored by the computer.

All I can see a generic one doing is repeatedly clearing all the codes, which might reset some adaptives, spark knock, fuel trim in a direction that the car runs better.

And/or the things are a thinly veiled way of keeping the CEL off, though the I/Ms would never have time to set.

Back