Pepboys now has Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP and 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, if there was only some way to magnify the price tag in the photo in the top post... where it says $6.99...

How many Mobil 1 5w30 oils are there? maybe 5 or 6? By process of elimination, it's the one they do not have on the shelves.

I still have my Pep Boys receipt....I will look to see if the P/N is lited on the receipt and if so, I will post it here

Yes, thank you for this info. It comes up @ $7.49 at my local store for some reason. Counter person said it shows they have some in stock but I did not see it there the other day. Going after supper to check it out.

Confirmation, I guess, that 98JA93 is the part number for the ESP Formula 5W30

and 98HT81 may be the part number for the ESP Formula M 5W40

These may be Mobil numbers, applicable not just at Pep Boys but also elsewhere.

Apparently not all stores have these oils, some have one but not both, and some have one or both but do not know how to find it. Still, with the part numbers they should be able to get it. Probably for $7.49 but maybe less when it's on sale.

I swear its true, he said using p/n 98JA93 their computer showed them having 12 liters of the 5W30 but they could not find it.

ESP is Emission System Protection. Most European small Diesel engines in car/SUV are recommended to use this new formula, and it can be used in gasoline engines too. According to M1 website, "because it contains low Sulphur and Phosphorous, it helps to reduce poisoning of Gasoline Catalytic Converters"

I have a 2007 BMW 550i. Mobil 1 website recommends their 0w40 which is BMW long-life 01. Any reason I should not try/use this Mobil 1 5w30 ESP LL-04 oil?

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
BMW recommends against LL-04 oils where fuel may contain ethanol.

Wow. Thanks. Mobil 1 0w40 it is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back