Penzoil Platinum 0W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online. Also, I called my local oil distributing company here in town and they have it. But it's nearly $7 a quart. If Peppy-LeBoys would carry it I'd purchase it.

Yeah, in the the 'real world' .....not some lab , could you even tell the difference ?
21.gif

This thread seems to pop up every month or so. You can buy PP 0w-20 at [non-sponsor link removed]. The moderators on this board will probably delete the link, which makes no sense. Nobody on this board sells PP 0w-20, so who's business is being stolen?! However, if I told you that PP 0w-20 could be purchased at Walmart, would the name Walmart be blanked out? Hmmm. (In case you are wondering, search these forums for the word walmart and see how many hits come back for various oils being purchased at Walmart).

-Bryan

As the ambient temperature goes down the difference in viscosity will increase. I'd think there's a very real start-up difference between 0W and 5W in all temps.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Yeah, in the the 'real world' .....not some lab , could you even tell the difference ?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Don't try to upset all powerfull Mods, you get nothing but troubles in return.

I learned that the hard-way and got banned for a week. I'm still a bit P.O. because I wasn't even told why I was being banned until it was already done.

Yeah ,, BITOG is alive thanks to ... Sponsors and users that are donating ... SO it make sense ... to not like free advertising .. I guess :D

Good idea ... Time for Donation :)on my way

Wow, I find that censoring disappointing. It devalues all the advice given here.

I understand the need for advertising given how our markets work. Unfortunately it often leads to conflicts of interest that create doubt of how valid information is.

But by banning references to non-advertisers, they remove any doubt. The information here is undeniably biased.

Welcome to BITOG! It looks like good, well balanced, unbiased advice. Until you figure out it pay to play.

Well, if you don't like the rules, make your own oil discussion website. No one has stepped up to the plate. I'm sure it would have a following given the removal of people like Terry Dyson and the amount of respect he has.

There is not much point in complaining because its not your place to make the rules.

As for picking up the PP 0W-20, I'm sure walmart.com (whoops!) carries it.

Just don't put the direct link. State it like the Wal Mart example above.

w w w . oilstore . com

Now you cannot go directly to it, but you do have the address for some PP 0W-20 and the PP European Formula 5W-40.

Last edited:
Hey Stevie
Don't feel too bad-I got booted off the Corvette Forum cause a mod was having a bad day-I am currently working with Internet Brands, their parent company to be reinstated.

Steve

I picked some up at Walmart this past weekend, in the quart bottles for $4.01 each. There were only 6 on the shelf and I cleaned them out.

When checking out, it didn't come up on the scanner, but I was buying PP 5-20 at the same time and told the guy it was the same price.

Since the PP 0w20 is pretty much non-existant in the stores near me, I bought some M1 0w20 "green cap". The M1 controversy aside, how does the M1 0w20 compare to the PP?

Around here getting 5W-20 is very difficult never mind trying to get 0W-20. The 5W is as scarce as hen's teeth and the 0W is as scarce as an honest politician.

Never bothered me before, and I used to chuckle at how upset my Brother got when trying to find the 5W-20 he needs for his vehicle, but now I need it.
crazy2.gif
The new truck calls for 5W-20, and actually HAS to have it for the MDS to function properly, and it is slim pickings at best. A few conventional oils like Valvoline and GTX but almost no synthetics in 5W-20.

I have seen a few bottles of regular 5W-20 Mobil 1 around, and one store had the 0W-20 advanced Fuel Economy stuff, but I refuse to use stuff from that company. Once in a great while a local Wal-Mart will have some Penzoil Platinum in 5W-20 but that is about it. Very few options.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to cause any trouble, please believe me. But I find it frustrating to understand the apparent double standard that I mentioned in my earlier post, which no moderator has yet answered. Why does a website that sells PP 0w-20 get removed, but then the many mentions of places like Walmart, Oreilly's, Autozone, Advance, are allowed to stay? There is no sponsor at BITOG that sells this oil. Is somebody trying to say that Walmart and these other places are sponsors of this site? If so, then fine. I'm not trying to break the rules, but rather just understand the logic behind them.

Thanks,
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back