Originally Posted By: bigj_16

Size is not important to some people
smile.gif

It's what you do with it that counts.
crackmeup2.gif

W
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: Farmer

I don't believe that transmission has a dipstick, just a plug on the filler tube. You're going to have to improvise. I think if you google something like 62TE dipstick something should come up.

Yeah no dipstick, just a filler tube. I looked up the specs online and you have to fully warm up the transmission and stick something down the tube to measure. The dealers have a special tool. I just made one out of a PVC tube and marked it with a marker. I don't believe in filled for life transmissions.
smile.gif

so the way it works is you purchase a dipstick specific to this transmission. The stick is marked with gradients indicating different temps. You plug your scan tool in and read the temp then dip the stick in and see if the fluid is within the marks for the indicated temp. Btw the dipstick is over length and does not stay in the trans mission

Last edited:
Yes I know I read the procedure. I also found out what the measurements were versus the temperature and just used a tube to do the dipping and a measuring tape to mark it. It was less expensive.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Kira
Ahhhh, so the 3.6l V6 in my cousin's 2014 Dodge Charger was a Pentastar.

I saw the same engine (I think) in a Mercedes-Benz wagon. I opened the hood and said, "My, that looks familiar".

The Pentastar and that Mercedes engine were co-developed just before the DCX split.

I've been very pleased with our 15 Grand Caravan. I had it fully loaded several times and you hardly even feel the weight when accelerating and braking.

For the tranny, I marked the oil dip stick with cold and hot readings and did a cooler line exchange instead of the pan drop. Worked like a charm, quick and minimal mess.

74,000 miles on the wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with the 3.6L and it's been a great vehicle. I feel that the engine combined with the 8 speed trans is responsive and silky smooth and gas mileage is very good. It feels smoother and more powerful than my 3.6DI Cadillac CTS and gets better MPG's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back