Pennzoil ultra seems to be Shell Helix Ultra !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
-- and even if they did, there's nothing to say it's not a great product worthy of a new bottle and a higher price.

Please try not to extrapolate based on tidbits of information. They almost never represent the whole picture.

This^^^

Originally Posted By: Luisraul924
is the Pennzoil Ultra being discussed here the Ultra Platinum made with the PurePlus gtl formulation?

Yes, GTL has been used in Pennzoil Plat and Pennzoil Ultra Plat for months now.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina

If I'm not mistaken, Slack Wax and Natural Gas (to liquid) are two different bases. Would that not then be false advertising if it were truly based off of slack wax rather than the GTL formula?

If I'm not mistaken, Slack Wax and Natural Gas (to liquid) are two different bases. Would that not then be false advertising if it were truly based off of slack wax rather than the GTL formula?

I only know that Pennz Ultra Platinum PurePlus, the current product sold in the U.S., is the GTL kind. What SOPUS does around the world outside the good ol' USA is unknown to me. No false advertising that I can see. If it says PurePlus on the package, its GTL.

I only know that Pennz Ultra Platinum PurePlus, the current product sold in the U.S., is the GTL kind. What SOPUS does around the world outside the good ol' USA is unknown to me. No false advertising that I can see. If it says PurePlus on the package, its GTL.

Good to know. That's what I'm currently running and I love it.

Good to know. That's what I'm currently running and I love it.

I know this bitog is really very global. Its confusing thinking what huge oil companies might do differently in northeast Slovenia or Malaysia, for example, for regional markets.
You have to kind of admire GM for doing dexos1 and dexos2, since thats the same globally anyway.

This is an old thread that was bumped recently, hence some of the confusion.

The recent question is from sshazam above, not the OP.

Anyway, the Shell Helix Ultra (5W40) I have seen in Australia recently has "Pure Plus Technology" on it, so to me that is the new GTL oil.

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (USA) also uses Pure Plus Technology (GTL). From what I can tell.

If the products are not the same, I assume they are very similar.

The Shell Helix Ultra 5W30 that I have seen for sale in Oz, says "Active Cleaning Technology" on it. Not the same thing I believe. Don't know if it's old stock or if they plan to keep it that way.

I think the Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 (MB 229.5, Porsche A40, Ferrari ) is a bit of a sleeper on the shelves in Oz and NZ. It's priced much less than some equivalent products, and a few weeks ago I got some for 40% off. About the same price as many semi-synthetics.

Omegaspeedy in NZ picked some up too at the same time, I'm waiting for a report from him on how it's going in his new GDI Hyundai

Good to know, I have been using this oil from the Amazon sale, Love it so far..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back