Pennzoil Ultra or Amsoil SS vote

What oci on that engine?
350Rocket
Excellent question
I ran M1 5w-20 for the 1st 100k miles ( Then I started running (Amsoil SS 5w-20)
My very 1st UOA was @ 25k miles and the TBN was pretty shot @ 2.07. I changed the Full Flow Filter @25k and did another UOA @ 30k miles. The TBN was better but still @2.35 with the makeup oil from Full Flow Filter. My 3rd UOA was @35k miles. From what I learned from the makeup Oil I drained out 1 quart of Old Oil (from the Petcock) and replaced it with 1 quart of fresh Oil. The TBN went up to 2.84. I repeated this process again @40k miles and the TBN went up to 3.82(much better). That's when the light bulb went off in my head. I'll skip ahead to UOA #6 @50k miles. I changed my Full Flow Filter and drained out and replaced 1 quart of Oil thru the Petcock. Now the TBN was 5.38
UOA #9 @75k miles I changed out the Full Flow, and the Bypass Filters. With what I drained out of the Petcock I replaced 4 quarts of Fresh Oil into a 9 quart sump. The TBN shot up to 5.85.
UOA #11 @100k miles I replaced the full Flow filter and drained out and replaced 2 quarts thru my petcock. The TBN was 4.66
I think you see the pattern.
To answer your question on OCI, I finally completely drained the Amsoil SS 5w-20 Oil after 150k miles (4 yrs, 1 mo)
The only reason I drained out the oil was because I switched to Amsoil SS 5w-30 Oil. That was 2 yrs and 78k miles ago. My Expedition currently has 328k miles on it.
I hope to never touch the drain plug again!
Thanks again for the question, I hope my answer helped.

350Rocket
Excellent question
I ran M1 5w-20 for the 1st 100k miles ( Then I started running (Amsoil SS 5w-20)
My very 1st UOA was @ 25k miles and the TBN was pretty shot @ 2.07. I changed the Full Flow Filter @25k and did another UOA @ 30k miles. The TBN was better but still @2.35 with the makeup oil from Full Flow Filter. My 3rd UOA was @35k miles. From what I learned from the makeup Oil I drained out 1 quart of Old Oil (from the Petcock) and replaced it with 1 quart of fresh Oil. The TBN went up to 2.84. I repeated this process again @40k miles and the TBN went up to 3.82(much better). That's when the light bulb went off in my head. I'll skip ahead to UOA #6 @50k miles. I changed my Full Flow Filter and drained out and replaced 1 quart of Oil thru the Petcock. Now the TBN was 5.38
UOA #9 @75k miles I changed out the Full Flow, and the Bypass Filters. With what I drained out of the Petcock I replaced 4 quarts of Fresh Oil into a 9 quart sump. The TBN shot up to 5.85.
UOA #11 @100k miles I replaced the full Flow filter and drained out and replaced 2 quarts thru my petcock. The TBN was 4.66
I think you see the pattern.
To answer your question on OCI, I finally completely drained the Amsoil SS 5w-20 Oil after 150k miles (4 yrs, 1 mo)
The only reason I drained out the oil was because I switched to Amsoil SS 5w-30 Oil. That was 2 yrs and 78k miles ago. My Expedition currently has 328k miles on it.
I hope to never touch the drain plug again!
Thanks again for the question, I hope my answer helped.
I'd love to see under the valve covers.

PUP for 10,000 miles and Amsoil SS for 12,000. 😀

And Mobil1 EP for 12,000. Just my 2 cents.

Or I’d just run anything on sale for 5,000-7,500 intervals.

Back