Pennzoil Ultra - Canada - Where to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking in every canadian tire store for pennzoil ultra but i've been coming out empty handed. The other day I stopped by the counter and asked the guy at the desk if they are getting it. Right away I got the typical answer " Whatever is on the shelf is what we have " After my third attempt at asking him to look it up in the computer, the guy did what I asked and looked it up. It actually came up, but he noted that there was no date that it was coming in, none on order and you can't order it.

Based on the pennzoil.ca site, they are advertising the ultra so it must be here somewhere?!?!?!

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Has anybody actually seen it in a store here? I live and work in the Toronto area , I have no problem driving anywhere in the GTA to pick it up.

Last edited:
Good luck with Candian Tire carrying it. Heck they don't even carry PP in 5W-20. If it's not Castrol Syntech you're out of luck....I've not bought oil there in a few years due to their poor selection. It's pretty sad when WM has a bigger oil selection than Canadian Tire! But with that said, my local WM does not carry Ultra, but at least I can get PP in 5W-20!

Originally Posted By: mustang
Go to walmart they have

Ok I'm going to go to the closest walmart here and I'll let you know. Definitely didn't have it at the walmart I was at in Durham Region. Will keep you posted if I find it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
Good luck with Candian Tire carrying it. Heck they don't even carry PP in 5W-20. If it's not Castrol Syntech you're out of luck....I've not bought oil there in a few years due to their poor selection. It's pretty sad when WM has a bigger oil selection than Canadian Tire! But with that said, my local WM does not carry Ultra, but at least I can get PP in 5W-20!

CT has PP 5w20. They had a sale couple weeks back on PP 5w20 and 5w30.

Just got back from walmart close to sherway, and they had the 5W20 Ultra only, on sale for $36 a jug. Looking for 5W30 so ill try another one. The sales guy said it was a promotion and wasn't sure they would get any more.

Originally Posted By: Mau

CT has PP 5w20. They had a sale couple weeks back on PP 5w20 and 5w30.

Not at my local CTC. You think it should be pretty standard across the board, but it's not!

The CT in my area also does not carry PP in the 5w-20 jugs. They do however have it in the 1L bottles. They also carry PP 0w-20 in the 1L bottles. I do understand what you are saying in that being an (automotive) store, you think that they would have a bigger selection of oil and filters. Heck, The Castrol edge is disappearing at the CT here and I don't think that they will be carrying it anymore. Sad...

Ok, driving home stopped at pickering walmart and they had none whatsover not even a place for it. Finally stopped in at Oshawa Walmart and found the 5w30 Pennzoil Ultra.

ultrabottle1.jpg

Actully, Esso XD3-0W30 has been re-packaged as Mobil Delvac Elite 222 0W-30. Around $6.50 a litre at my local Esso bulk station in Regina.

Nice find.

Thinking of using Pennzoil Ultra also since my old favourite oil, Esso XD-3 (0W30) was discontinued. [/quote]

The "made from petroleum base stocks" might be their generic wording. If you do a search on this website it seems that the consensus is that Mobil Delvac 222 Elite 0W-30 is re-packaged XD3 0W30. I also called Imperial Oil's tech line, and the person I talked to indicated that it is the same product (take it for what it's worth).

Also went through various threads on this topic at this site. Opinions varied from Group IV to Group III to Semi-Blends.

The only place that I known that carries Mobil Delvac 222 Elite 0W-30 in Toronto is NOCO.

http://www.noco.ca/

The price that I was quoted last year was $32.50 for a 4 litre jug ($8.13 per litre). Minimum buy was one case (4 x 4L).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back