Pennzoil Ultra 5w20, 6,469 miles, 2009 Honda Accord (2.4, 79,494 miles)

UOA of Penn Ultra 5w20 with 6,469 miles on it from a 2009 Honda Accord 2.4l at 79,494 miles on the engine.

No make-up oil or additives.

First UOA of this vehicle. Thought I'd pull a sample just to see how things are. Owned since new. No issues to report.

Changed due to Honda's MM at 15%. Could have gone longer it seems but no complaints.

Got this oil for under $16 for 5 quarts on Amazon last year. Thankfully, picked up 5 jugs of it and will probably just stick with it.

[Linked Image]

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 10
Great results! I have some sale 5W20 PUP too. I have a 2003 Honda 2.4L without an oil monitor. Could you give a rough percentage of highway to city breakdown for this UOA.

This vehicle did a 35 mile round trip twice a day, M-F during this OCI. About half or more was highway driving. Driving style was not necessarily easy on it but not really hard on it either.

However, prior to summer of 2019, it only got used for short trips mostly, less than 5 miles each day. Occasionally, an out of town trip. Hence, the low miles on the car. Probably why I had to replace the starter recently as well.

Makes me feel better about my previous oci where I ran this from last July to this past April. So 9 months and 7200 miles in 05 Matrix. I had to add a quart of oil over this interval. Previous runs of Valvo and Pennzoil conventionals required no top offs. I still have the old oil so could run a Uoa if you guys want. Prob do the Napa analysis.

Last edited:
I like seeing the real high flashpoint. Not seeing anything close with regular Platinum lately.
Ulra's approx 1.5 point shear here is good for 6.8k.

I'm always wanting more out of Ultra SN+

Last edited:
Back