Hi all,

First post but a long time lurker.

Vehicle:
2007 Honda Accord with the J-series v6
Current mileage: 214k

Oil history:
New - 145k miles: dealer bulk 5w20/Honda filter oil changes when MM% ~20%
145k - 208k: Mostly valvoline advanced synthetic 5w20/fram ultra when MM% ~20%
208k - current: HPL pcmo 5w20/fram ultra 5k mi OCI.

I jumped on the HPL bandwagon out of curiosity and its cleaning abilities - the top end looks to have a lot of varnish. This car is my daily and is roughly an 80/20 split city/highway, but it’s a lot of short trips as most of my commutes are less than 5 miles.

I did refill with the same oil/filter and I have my next oil change on hand so the next will be the same as well.

Curious what you all think of the report? Any thing I should dig into further? I honestly expected the fuel to be higher based on my driving habits and short trips. Should I run this fill for longer? I could see where the fuel might increase on the next one since this report is warm weather conditions while the current fill will be all cold weather.

Attachments

• IMG_5400.jpeg
    IMG_5400.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 159
Looks like a great report. The silicon is probably from oil additives. Some HPL formulations can contain up to around 16 ppm silicon.

Have you cut open the oil filter to see how well the HPL is cleaning the engine? I'd consider extending the OCI, but maybe with an early filter change if you think there's still a lot of cleaning going on.

Looks very good. Oxidation reading is due to the esters in the blend.

Did you notice any cleaning (less varnish)?

I did actually change the filter at 2k miles and there was negligible signs of material. The 2nd filter from the most recent change was the same - no carbon material, which leads me to think the engine is mostly clean minus the varnish.

Poor pictures but this is really all I have to go off for the cleaning. Pic 1 show when the HPL went in and the 2nd is after 5k miles.

Attachments

• IMG_5401.jpeg
    IMG_5401.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5402.jpeg
    IMG_5402.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 101
The first picture is clear, the second one is not so clear. Can you take another to let us see how it looks after 5K miles.

Report looks alot better than my 06 Accord V6 on M1 5w20 for 5200 miles.

Iron (Fe) 27
Chromium (Cr) 2
Lead (Pb) 2
Copper (Cu) 2
Tin (Sn) 2
Aluminium (Al) 11
Nickel (Ni) Silver (Ag) Titanium (Ti) Vanadium (V) Contaminants (ppm) Silicon (Si) 14
Sodium (Na) 9
Potassium (K) 2

Back