pennzoil platinum euro 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This oil meets a lot of tough approvals including bmw ll 01.

What would the noack be at most for this oil?

The flash point is low i think 210. Is that a concern?

For wear and tear minimization is there any reason to use regular platinum v this oil.?

Also the car happens to be beyond warranty mileage.

I am thinking this might be better than pp 10w30 which i have a 5 quart jug of. Maybe i shud return that and get euro 5w30.

drtyler, Coprolite,

Walmart here sells both. Only the 5w30 is BMW certified...

Originally Posted By: wemay
drtyler, Coprolite,

When it comes to Euro 5w-30 oils, Walmart only sells PP Euro L 5w-30 which is a low SAPS version that carries BMW LL-04 cert, not LL-01, at least around here.

I know a spec sheet for PP Euro 5w-30 (non-L) exists, but this oil is nowhere to be found.

Originally Posted By: merconvvv
This oil meets a lot of tough approvals including bmw ll 01.

Where are you seeing this oil available?

Well i will have to see if my walmart carries it. If it does i will peek on the back of the jug
smile.gif

Well i will have to see if my walmart carries it. If it does i will peek on the back of the jug
smile.gif

That would be quite the unicorn Walmart. Actually it would be quite the unicorn location regardless of Walmart or no Walmart.

Take pictures if you find it.

Does anyone have the specs on the version walmart supposedly sells.

If my walmart carries it i guess my property values are going up
smile.gif

Okay thanks.

Any guesses on noack?

Any guesses on hths?

Will this l 5w30 provide better wear and tear protection than pp 10w30 ?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
wemay said:
drtyler, Coprolite,

When it comes to Euro 5w-30 oils, Walmart only sells PP Euro L 5w-30 which is a low SAPS version that carries BMW LL-04 cert, not LL-01, at least around here.

I know a spec sheet for PP Euro 5w-30 (non-L) exists, but this oil is nowhere to be found.

I will snap some pics later.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
drtyler, Coprolite,

They sell both at the Walmart here: Euro 5w30 and Euro 0w40

They sell Euro L 5w-30, not Euro 5w-30. These are two different oils.
smile.gif
The L version does not meet BMW LL-01.

And yes, they do sell Euro 0w-40. I was not disputing this part.
smile.gif

Okay thanks.

Any guesses on noack?

10% or less.

Quote:
Any guesses on hths?

3.5-3.6 cP, would be my guess.

Quote:
Will this l 5w30 provide better wear and tear protection than pp 10w30 ?

No good way to tell, I'm afraid.
L does have a less robust add pack (to protect DPF), so it may not be a great idea for a very long OCI.

You don't know for a 100% sure what is in that store. If I had to take a good shot at it I would agree that in all probability it is the L version. But hey, it could well be that the non L version was sent there. Case in point.... Pennzoil Ultra Platinum showed up at my Walmart and it never, ever was in that store. But, lo and behold the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 was on my Wally World shelf. The only time it was ever at my store.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
You don't know for a 100% sure what is in that store.

True. There is always a possibility. It doesn't show up on walmart.com either though.

Let's just wait for pics.

Yes sir. I agree. Never know. I was quite shocked to see the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum at my Wally World. It was never there before or after that. So, of course I picked up the last one off my Walmart shelf. Impulse buy. Couldn't help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back