Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 : Does It Hold Up ?

I contacted Pennzoil technical support today inquiring about the HTHS rating of the current Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 formulation. The Pennzoil TS representative said that the information was proprietary, and he could not disclose it. The PDS for Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 lists the KV@100 at 9.8 cSt which is a bit on the thin side for a 30 wt oil making me question if the HTHS value is low as well. It's my understanding the minimum HTHS value for 30 wt oil is 2.9 cP.

Does anyone actually know the HTHS value for the SP formulation of Pennzoil Platinum 5W30?

I contacted Pennzoil technical support today inquiring about the HTHS rating of the current Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 formulation. The Pennzoil TS representative said that the information was proprietary, and he could not disclose it. The PDS for Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 lists the KV@100 at 9.8 cSt which is a bit on the thin side for a 30 wt oil making me question if the HTHS value is low as well. It's my understanding the minimum HTHS value for 30 wt oil is 2.9 cP.

Does anyone actually know the HTHS value for the SP formulation of Pennzoil Platinum 5W30?
I don't but guess it's between 3.0-3.1.

or just switch to PP Euro LX (or QS Euro LX or another VW 504/507 while preferrable MB 229.52 at same time) oil which has HTHS > 3.5 and visc is 11.9

Back