Pennzoil Euro L 5W30 ?

What's the difference between these two bottles?
$22.93 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Platinum-Euro-L-5W-30-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-qt/179202222
$26.44 https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/495194903

They are both Euro L, so why the difference in price? Is one an older batch?
Euro L Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
I would use PP Euro L interchangeably with any engine that requires a Xw30. This oil meets plenty of specs and since it also is ACEA rated, we can make certain assumptions about the performance of the oil based on known, stringent requirements in ACEA & manufacturers’ certifications.

The one on the left also "meets or exceeds the requirements of" GM dexos2. I have a feeling they are the same, but the one on the right was made before Pennzoil got the license.

They are both Euro L, so why the difference in price? Is one an older batch?
I believe the one on the left, "PurePlus", is the newer one. That is verbiage consistent with their "made with natural gas" marketing, which I believe is more recent. But strangely, the copyright date (2017) is older than the bottle on the right (2019). So maybe I'm wrong.

Disregard my previous reply. Both meet dexos2 requirements, they are just listed in different places on the bottle. I saw it on one, but not the other, til after I posted. LOL.

Just purchased 6 quarts to pour in my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser that has 155k miles on the dial.

Want an oil for the 6 cylinder that has an HTHS over 3.5.

I would have purchased Shell Rotella T5 10w30 Semi-Synthetic..... But couldn't find it on the shelves.

I've run Pennzoil 5w30 Euro-L in both the EcoDiesel and the BlueTec with great results. I expect the FJ to love it.

Just purchased 6 quarts to pour in my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser that has 155k miles on the dial.

Want an oil for the 6 cylinder that has an HTHS over 3.5.

I would have purchased Shell Rotella T5 10w30 Semi-Synthetic..... But couldn't find it on the shelves.

I've run Pennzoil 5w30 Euro-L in both the EcoDiesel and the BlueTec with great results. I expect the FJ to love it.

Are you choosing that for the FJ due to the odo mileage?

I only ask, because I purchased some 5w30 Euro L for a 4Runner w/ 75k and a Tundra w/17k. Currently they have PUP 5w30, but am concerned with it being too thin. Figured the Euro L would be good for a Summer months run here in North Texas. Just not sure if I'm giving up on anything in the form of the add pack vs the PUP.

I only ask, because I purchased some 5w30 Euro L for a 4Runner w/ 75k and a Tundra w/17k. Currently they have PUP 5w30, but am concerned with it being too thin. Figured the Euro L would be good for a Summer months run here in North Texas. Just not sure if I'm giving up on anything in the form of the add pack vs the PUP.
No, you're not.

I went with QS Euro LX (same as PP Euro LX) in Sportage with 2.4L GDI engine last time (week ago), liking it so far, engine seems to be a bit noisier on cold starts compared to PP 5w-30 but runs smoother cold or warmed up.

I

The 2007 4.0-liter DOHC 24-valve SFI VVT-i V6 is a beast of an engine in terms of longevity. Very common for it to go beyond 300k and sometimes, 400-500k miles.

But, it requires high octane fuel and has higher compression.....

For this reason, I will always stick with an oil with HTHS of 3.5 or higher..... as I want my engine to go 400k.

If anyone has the newer V6 Toyota engine, do what pleases you and good luck.

Back