Pennzoil on Sale at WalMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys...

I just stopped into my local Walmart and was checking out oil (I hate this addiction
20.gif
). They have coupons hanging off all the Pennzoil products.

1. Pennzoil Ultimate $5 off!
2. Pennzoil Platinum $5 off!
3. Pennzoil High Mileage $3 off!
4. Pennzoil $1 off!

I just had to pick me up some. I bought Pennzoil Platinum for $15.50 plus tax.

Screaming deal.... I thought.
25.gif

Last edited:
I stopped at WM today and there was no coupons hanging off the 5 qt. jugs. I picked up a 5 qt. jug of QS UD for $18.50 because of the $10 MIR. Do you think QS UD is close to PP qualitywise?

Yes, all three products including the Supertech motor oils found at WalMart (Southern states)are made into similar specifications by Shell Oil Products United States.

wife is at WM right now and i had her check. Sure enough they are on sale here as well. Happy fathers day to me. 4 jugs of pennzoil HM. 3 10w30s and 1 10w40. :)

Originally Posted By: S2500Dog
Yes, all three products including the Supertech motor oils found at WalMart (Southern states)are made into similar specifications by Shell Oil Products United States.

Some of the SuperTech products are made by Shell(SOPUS) some are made by Warren. Walmart posts all MSDS online for viewing.

MSDS Walmart Stores

This is Super Tech 20W50:

Supplier Address
SOPUS Products
PO Box 4427, Houston, TX, 77210-
US
Phone:479-254-7050
Contact Phone:479-254-2406
Emergency Phone: 800-546-6227

Wouls this be re-badged Pennzoil yb?

Picked up 5W-30 PP for $15 and changed my oil. It just about fixed my cold start problems. So far atleast. The car cranks up and sounds ready to go on one try. Hopefully itll stay that way.

Quakerstate, Pennzoil, and Shell are similar and identical specification made by Shell Oil Products United States.

LOL, did the walmart clerk tell you that?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
This is Super Tech 20W50:

Supplier Address
SOPUS Products
PO Box 4427, Houston, TX, 77210-
US
Phone:479-254-7050
Contact Phone:479-254-2406
Emergency Phone: 800-546-6227

Wouls this be re-badged Pennzoil yb?

NO it is not re-badged Pennzoil.

Quakerstate, Pennzoil, and Shell are similar and identical specification made by Shell Oil Products United States.

Your profile says you're a full time student. If that's the case you really need to do your home work. None of the three products above share the same base stocks and the additive packages are totally different. The only thing you have correct in your statement is that they are all made by Shell Oil Company.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Your profile says you're a full time student. If that's the case you really need to do your home work. None of the three products above share the same base stocks and the additive packages are totally different. The only thing you have correct in your statement is that they are all made by Shell Oil Company.

I knew it would not take you long to come along and set that straight, lol!

Last edited:
Something strange is going on at my local WM with Ultra. Last week they had 5W-30, 10W-30, and 5W-20 marked down to $26.00. Each bottle was collared with a double coupon. $5.00 off the bottle of Ultra and $1.00 off of a bottle of Regane. Went back today with the wife. No Ultra at all except for 5 bottles of 5W-20 on the clearance rack. Don't know if it's being discontinued or if they are waiting for newer stock. They have no Castrol Edge. It was discontinued about 5 mo's ago due to lack of sales. I would have bought some Ultra but I have enough M1-EP stashed to last me a while.

A couple of weeks ago there was tons of Ultra at my Walmart. Today all they had was a few quart bottles of different weights. They had a few of the 5 qt jugs of PP for $20.

I know I wanted to try the QS synthetic 18.50 for 5 qts + 10$ MIR ... but saw the PP deal of 5$ off synthetic ...grabbed the PP to put into stash...BTW bottle is dated April 2010 and the writing states that it already exceeds GF-5 now good for 2 OCI....
huzzah china mart! but still frequent AAP/ NAPA/ AZ for parts and greases.

Hi my name is Mike and i'm a bitoger :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back