Pennzoi Truck/SUV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have trouble finding this oil? I've checked quite a few places all over NC and never find it?

It used to be at our local walmart. Thats all i would run in my V-10 Excursion. Great oil. It disappeared about a year ago. Our Advanced Auto, Auto-Zone, and Kmart don't carry it either. I thought they stopped making it, but it still shows up on pennzoils website.

I have only seen Penn SUV on the shelf at Pep Boys. I ordered mine thru Amazon @ $7/6-pack. If you are looking for a good off-the-shelf syn blend other than MC, I'd recommend Valvoline's Durablend. Easier to find either at Walmart or Napa stores.

Last edited:
some auto part stores will order the PENNZOIL S.U.V. if you ask them to , they need to have PENNZOIL in stock . Can also call PENNZOIL toll free phone number and may give you a phone number or business address ( or both ) to get in touch with a local distributor . Few years ago was able to get the S.U.V. blend for less than $1 a quart , was on clearance at A.A.P. , even WAL-MART matched the price of A.A.P. , needed to bring in copy from A.A.P. online store to customer service at WALLY's . Them days are long gone . :- (

Last edited:
would think the S.U.V. blend be one heck of a good oil due to the very good U.O.A.s of the conventional PENNZOIL and the PLATINUM . I think this syn-blend is close to 15% synthetic . The thing is , these bottles tend to have leaky / loose caps . One of worst plastic bottles for oil I've ever encountered . Even after you open it , the cap doesn't twist on tight or straight on some bottles and then seeps oil , can be messy . Why I dunno . ;- )

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing -- when we were directed to their new website the other day. I've never seen this oil, nor heard much about it. I would be interested in using it. Afterall, I drive a truck and SUV! When was on the shelf, what was the price? Since PP is only $20/5 qt jug now, I'm guessing auto parts stores will be wanting more $ for this blend. That would make it less desirable.

the S.U.V. blend seen at PEPBOYS was almost $4 a quart . :-O . Seems like Wal-Mart has been clearing it out , some reason this oil isn't very popular . One reason could be high cost . So stuck in no mans land of expense . Safe for use in cars as well , many probably not aware of that due to the S.U.V. label . PENNZOIL should just change it to a syn-blend label for better sales .

Last edited:
That did not work either. It use to called synthetic blend and came in a black bottle. Changed it to the bronze/gold bottle and called it SUV and it still does not sell. They should just stick to two, maybe three oils, Platinum, YB, and High Mileage. Let everyone else fight out all the special oils for the same V-6 engine that does not know if it is in a car, truck, or suv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back