pending Oil crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a "bulk" oil dealer/distributor in my area that can order the Delvac 1300 for me. I ordered it from her last week, @ 36-38 dollars for a 5 gallon bucket. Its supposed to be in today, so technically, I havent received it yet. I also see the Delvac in one gallon jugs at all the convenience stores, that cater to truckers. But if theres a distributor in your area, try there, even if its not a Mobil dealer. My local Texaco/Shell/Chevron(?) distributor could also get it for me.

I was using Amsoil 15W-40 diesel/marine oil in a 98 Durango with the 5.9 V-8 and a 95 Chevy 3/4 ton with a 350 V-8, and in a F-350 powerstroke, that I have since traded. Great stuff, but the Amsoil is a hassle to get, in having to pay additional for shipping charges. And I wasnt taking enough advantage of the extended drain intervals of the Amsoil.

So switching to Delvac, for me, is economical enough that I can use it in all my vehicles and tractors, and still get good protection. And it will simplify my oil needs. I was tempted to try the Rotella for everything, but by comparing Rotella to Delvac 1300 on this site, I feel the Delvac would be better for me. Hope this helps.

hey powerlifter405...the 405 ..is that for bench ..squat ...or deadlift?? Sure hope it's not your total
grin.gif

With a name like deepsquat I can only guess what your athletic hobbies may be...
Step Aerobics, no-no, umm, Tae Bo?
grin.gif

Back in 98 I was hitting real hard, living on campus and eating like a pig @ the cafe. I had a bench best of 405. Never been a good squater. Even after I broke my knee, I still squat azz to the ground
shocked.gif

I love deadlifts but i got tired of bleeding shins and bruised knees. I've repped 450 for 6 but I never maxed out.
A very hectic schedule @ times keeps me from eating ( written policy) by admin USUALLY puts up with it so i'm trying to work my way up again.
Thanks everyone.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

Originally posted by MAJA:
I have a "bulk" oil dealer/distributor in my area that can order the Delvac 1300 for me. I ordered it from her last week, @ 36-38 dollars for a 5 gallon bucket.

No WalMart? Its $5.88 a gal or $29.40 for 5 gal.

I use to live in flat open country of the west Texas pan handle. And the average speed that one could average in open/flat Interstate Hwy is amazing to people not use to it.

I use to drive 42 miles in 25 minutes on my ZG1000 -- 95 percent Interstate. I may see only 10 cars in the 45 miles--and most of the trip was over table top flat Interstate hwy. At 6500 RPM and 42 MPG.And 4 tickets over 5 years.

[ July 11, 2004, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: phoneman91 ]

phoneman,

I lived in canyon for a number of years and it never ceased to amaze me that folks would drive from wellington or the like just to go to Ruby Tuesdays.
Whats the "mom and pop" place down the street from them? The one w/ the Good chicken fried steak and you could get "all the fixins" for like a 1.50 more? Nothing fancy but good food. I wanna say it was off of bell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back