Peak Synthetic 5w20 on sale @ My AAP Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought some Peak Synthetic 5w20 on sale today, API SN, 3.95/QT for Syn I couldnt go wrong, with a 3.99 Puro Classic, Air Filter, plus b1g1 Gojo. came out to 40.57 or something like that, plus 5$ off 35$ purchase it came out to 35.xx$. Just mailed in my rebate. ANYWAY. This is going into 05 Ranger 4cyl 2.3l...
Some Questions though, Havent been on here for awhile LOL.

Bought my truck at 80,xxx Miles, Had Motorcraft Syn Blend 10w30 Changes @Ford until 90k miles w/ MC Filter, then I had family Mechanic put in Kendall 10w30 (NAPA Gold Filter) for two OC's, I started putting 10w30 HM QS/Penn (Bosch/Puro Classic/P1) in it until I wrecked (Buried the back, hit a fence back end first LOL) it, broke the filter and killed the alignment, so Goodyear put in 10w30 Valvoline HM w/carquest red filter. All up until my last 2 OC I did myself, I used 10w30, the last two on the other hand I used QSGB 5w30 and Peak 5w30 (Puro Classic Filter) will this change potentiality mess something up? Truck calls for 5w20 anyway, so it should be fine? Truck doesnt leak/burn oil, switched to Regular from HM with no ill effects the last 2 OC's.

For 124,300 miles now on the truck, seems to be no major damage under the valve cover/ interior of the engine, with no burning of oil or leakage, I take good care of my engine, as did the 1 previous owner.

Is there any thing different with this switch on next OC to Syn? Anything I have to look out for my first OC on Syn?
OCI on first one? OCI period?

Thanks. Just mailed in my 5$ Peak Rebate, so it bumps the overall price down to 30 bucks for everything. which in my book aint bad for the Oil Filter (Puro Classic), Air Filter (Puro), b1g1 Gojo, and 5 qts of oil.
Seems to me with my engine in the condition it is after 124k miles, Ill prolly get tired of the truck before it gets tired of me!

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
For the record, when I go back in a few days on Payday, I will also stock up on some Mobil 5000 which is on sale for 2.49QT
DSCN1037.jpg

DSCN1035.jpg

In Florida, 10W-30/5W-30/5W-20 won't make a big difference - all will work well. Might get a bit better MPG from the 5W-20.

Yeah, Just gradually going down to OEM Specs, Figure why not? Engine meant to do it.... Plus in my everyday usage towards cars, usually, not always but USUALLY Asian engines like lighter weights, and European engines prefer higher viscosities. Again NOT ALWAYS, so dont bash me on that, this is a Mazda engine!

If the store labelled it correctly, the red sticker means that its "clearance" not on sale. When its gone its over unless the warehouse has more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back