peak global and long life... THE SAME???

here are the specs right off the peak web site it looks like they are exactly the same... Initial Preparation Date: 7/8/2004 Last Revision Date: None Effective Date: 8/4/2004 MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET PRODUCT IDENTITY: PEAK. LONG LIFE ANTIFREEZE & COOLANT 1. CHEMICAL PRODUCT & COMPANY INFORMATION OLD WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. 4065 COMMERCIAL AVENUE NORTHBROOK, ILLINOIS 60062 PHONE: 847-559-2000 EMERGENCY PHONE: 1-800-424-9300 (CHEMTREC) 2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS Material CAS# % by Wt PEL (OSHA) TLV (ACGIH) Ethylene Glycol 107-21-1 90 - 97 50 ppm 50 ppm Diethylene Glycol 111-46-6 < 5 None None Hydrated inorganic acid, proprietary < 5 10 mg/m3 1 mg/m3 organic acid salts Water 7732-18-5 < 4 None None MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET PRODUCT IDENTITY: PEAK® GLOBAL LIFETIME ANTIFREEZE & COOLANT 1. CHEMICAL PRODUCT & COMPANY INFORMATION Initial Preparation Date: 10/22/2004 Last Revision Date: None Effective Date: 8/1/2005 OLD WORLD INDUSTRIES, INC. 4065 COMMERCIAL AVENUE NORTHBROOK, ILLINOIS 60062 PHONE: 847-559-2000 EMERGENCY PHONE: 1-800-424-9300 (CHEMTREC) 2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS Material CAS# % by Wt PEL (OSHA) TLV (ACGIH) Ethylene Glycol 107-21-1 90 - 97 50 ppm 50 ppm Diethylene Glycol 111-46-6 < 5 None None Hydrated inorganic acid, proprietary < 5 10 mg/m3 1 mg/m3 organic acid salts Water 7732-18-5 < 4 None None ARE THESE TWO PRODUCTS THE EXACT SAME, ONLY USE DIFFERENT NAMES,COLORED BOTTLES AND MARKETING????

Last edited:
The specs do not tell us that they are the same since it just lists the crucial ingredient as organic acid salts. It could be 2-EHA, sodium benzoate or some other organic acid salt.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Peak specifically indicates that Global Lifetime does not contain 2-EHA. They don't with Peak Long Life.
I called Peak Tech Support (800 number) and they stated that both Peak Global Lifetime and Peak Longlife are 2-EH free proprietary OAT formulations. They did not imply they were or were not the same.

I asked Peak about Longlife via email once and they stated it did contain 2-EHA. I had already used it figuring it couldn't be any worse than the likely 13 yr. old Dex-Cool I was draining out so it didn't really matter anyway.

Last edited:
 Originally Posted By: smithph
 Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Peak specifically indicates that Global Lifetime does not contain 2-EHA. They don't with Peak Long Life.
I called Peak Tech Support (800 number) and they stated that both Peak Global Lifetime and Peak Longlife are 2-EH free proprietary OAT formulations. They did not imply they were or were not the same.
At the recommendation of follow bitog'ers I followed up my phone call with an email to Peak. Seems their tech support will not put into writing what the 800 number folks stated on the phone . The following was my email question and their reply. Q: Do both Peak LONGLIFE and Peak Global antifreeze products exclude 2-EH in its formulation? A: Thanks for your e-mail. The PEAK LONGLIFE does contain the 2EH, and the PEAK GLOBAL LIFETIME does not. PEAK Tech Dept. It would appear the answer has been confirmed "NOT THE SAME"