Peak Final Charge Global in Passenger Car?

I have 3 gallons of Peak Final Charge Global that I'm trying to find a use for. IIRC, this is a heavy duty coolant, though I'm not certain how the chemistry differs from that of standard extended life coolants.

Can this be used in a passenger car? I'd like to use it on my '96 Grand Prix which has iron block/aluminum heads. I just installed the engine and heads, so the system is 99% free of existing coolant, so there'd be no mixing issues.

When I spoke to a PEAK tech a few years ago about PGL....he stated that...yes, PFCG could be used in a passenger vehicle.
I don't remember the particulars because I had called about PGL. I would call their (800) number and ask again just to verify.

I've been using it in the Firebird FORMULA in my signature for ~15 yrs. IDK about the new type of aluminum/plastic rad's but in the old brass ones, it's fine.

I would see no problems with using Peak Final Charge Global in a passenger car. According to the spec sheet it's a long life OAT coolant with no phosphate, silicate, nitrite, or borate so it would be similar to GM's and Chrysler's factory coolants. The anti corrosion package that they are using must be significantly beefed up (over a standard automotive OAT coolant) to offer the claimed 1 million miles of protection. It's also non 2-EHA to soothe certain folks irrational fears.

Final Charge Global spec sheet

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, I'll go ahead and use it. I have qualms at all with 2-EHA/Dexcool-- that'd be my first choice but I have these gallons of Final Charge Global that have been sitting on my shelf for a couple years. Seems like a good time now that I have a vehicle that has its entire cooling system drained & flushed, so no mixing issues.

Back