Paying off my mortgage

Last I looked, my cash at Fidelity was making some amount of interest, a percent or two, for some reason. More than our savings account, so we left it there, and transfer as necessary.
Any reason you can’t put it into FZFXX or SPAXX? Mine defaults to that - paying around 5%.

I truly believe time is a factor. A job necessarily interferes with one’s life and what we can do in our spare time.

I’ve recently taken the attitude of Broadcom, GS, JPM, Amazon, google, with the work from home. I have to be in the office. When my son had half days all week before Thanksgiving, I had to take PTO. People who wfh don’t have to. They’ll shop at costco, take a meeting, deal with kids, etc. So if I had more free time I’d get that money working for me.

Honestly. I have no idea what to do with my cash from VMware. So I let it sit. I don’t want to not give it thought and then lose thousands. That’s worse than not gaining say on the S&P. It gets some rate near 0 at JPM.
In the time you’ve made these posts you could’ve set up a CIT account, made the test deposits and earned 5.05%. It doesn’t take long.

In the time you’ve made these posts you could’ve set up a CIT account, made the test deposits and earned 5.05%. It doesn’t take long.
I already have an acct that earns 4.4%. I could always pretend to work from home for a few hours (never did that in my life but have lots of colleagues who openly do) and make up for a year’s interest per 100k, based on that spread. Just don’t look at things that way cuz it’s pleasurable to jaw on the forum, but it is not, to be online doing financials. If we always looked at life that way, it’ll cost me $1000+ to watch a youth hockey game or $3 to sneeze, when instead I coulda been counting my money lol

Over and oat 🙂

Back