Patriots looking for their 3rd Superbowl Win in 4 years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, I knew that kick was not going through. Jets defense was on the field almost all day. Possesion time was 38 to 22 minutes.

The offense provided no relief. I couldn't see the Jets winning in Foxboro anyway.

HUGE factor could really change things is the so called "Blizzard" that will hit the North east this weekend.

Their is potential for both games to be in white out conditions.

My prediction is that the Eagles make it but loose to New England. New England is a phenomenal team. Every aspect of their team is great. Lot of depth and great, great coaching.

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
Would you mortgage your home against the Pats?

cool.gif
No. But I wouldn't bet it on them either this week.

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
Sep 19 - W at Arizona 23-12
Oct 3 - W at Buffalo 31-17

Patriots are 17-1 versus winning teams

cool.gif
Who was it they lost to?
grin.gif
wink.gif

Pats are favored by 3 but you have to realize that the spread is set by Vegas to equalize the money bet on both teams, not necessarily what they think the margin of victory will be. If an increasing amount of money is still bet on New England, then they'll raise the spread to get more money put on Pittsburgh.

IIRC, "Black Sunday" in the bookie world was the '79 Super Bowl when they were giving 3 1/2 and Pittsburgh beat the Cowboys by 4, so everybody won and bookies were jumping out of windows.

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
Another ponder:

The Pats are 11-2 when facing the same quarterback that they lost to that year.

Anyone answering the trivia? Take some guesses.

The above figure should be 13-0, undefeated.

The answer to the trivia is:

The Patriots own the rushing record since it was broke in 1978 at 3265 yards. No team has broke 3000 yards other than the Patriots.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
The Jets really didn't outplay the Steelers, they just came up with a few big plays.

Right, if it weren't for an interception return and a punt return for TD's, the Jets would have only had 3 points. Their offense got stuffed and did not score.
Same thing vs. the Pats in the '02 AFC championship, Pats played well but it was the Steeler's special teams that lost the game.

Regardless, the REAL Super Bowl will be in Pittsburgh this weekend. The whole NFC is awful this year, so in Jacksonville it will be an AFC blowout no matter who plays. People will tune out after halftime (is Janet Jackson coming back?), and the network executives will be shooting themselves.

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
1973....We had season tickets back when Steve G.r.ogan took over for Plunkett. I have seen quite a bit along with Stingley getting paralyzed from the hit from Tatum.

That’s good to know, Amkeer. At least you’ve been around for a while. I barely remember Steve and have only seen footage of Tatum’s hit.

Like JohnnyO said, the NFL’s best will be playing in the AFC title game on Sunday. As long as both play well, I can live with whatever the outcome because there won’t be any doubts or questions. I can take being beaten when my teams have played their best. **** , I’d even take a Pyrrhic victory by the Steelers because they’d still be able to beat whoever represents the nfc.

Amkeer,

I was agreeing with w8lifter. Thats my point.

I have been a Steelers fan for many years!!

Kind of like the saying, " You know who your real friends are when times get tough." Last year I was still a Steelers fan and did I get ribbed but you take the good with the bad.

I never knew a Pats fan up until the last couple of years. If they blow it, I'm sure that will be the case again.

If you choose to pick teams by your method that is fine.

Win, loose, or draw I will pick the Steelers.

steelers vs. falcons...Vick runs thru the vaunted steeler D and falcon D shuts down the steeler run.
Go Steelers however this weekend.

I think it is a toss up between the Steelers and the Patriots. The Steelers beat the Patriots (and the Eagles) in the regular season. And the Steelers went 15-1 which is one of the best records ever. But I was not impressed with the Steelers against the Jets. Really, the Jets had the game won if their field goal kicker could have make just one of those two kicks.

The Patriots handled the Colts easily, just like I figured they probably would.

It is a toss up also between the Eagles and the Falcons. The Falcons are starting to look really good and the Eagles really seem to miss Owens.

Mystic,

One of the best offenses of all time in the Colts and you were certain the Pats would win? The Colts made me more nervous than the Steelers.

With the improvement of the Colts offense compared to last year (three wide receivers over 1000 yards this season) and Manning's great year, I thought that there was a chance that the Colts might beat the Patriots. But the Patriots are just unreal-inspite of injuries and everything else they just go on winning. I really thought that the Steelers would easily handle the Jets, but they didn't. The Jets offense would have had 3 points if it had not been for an interception return by one of their defensive backs and a return all the way by the Jets special teams. Although of course the Jets offense would have had 6 points if their field goal kicker could have kicked one of those two field goals.

I was not too impressed with the Eagles play against the Vikings. Looked to me like they really missed Owens. The Falcons really handled the Rams.

The Steelers need to be able to run the ball to defeat the Patriots. The weather will be bad-very cold and maybe high winds. And that rookie quarterback did look like a rookie against the Jets. Plus of course they need to play great defense. The same could be said for all four teams playing-they will need to be able to run the ball and play great defense because of the weather conditions. A passing attack of any real consequence may be out of the question in the conditions. The Eagles could be in real trouble, They are at home but I think they mainly depended on passing this year. If they can't control Vick, Dunn, etc., they could lose easily.

The Pats are OUTSTANDING in terrible weather, 21-2. The Pats will be fired up to revenge the loss earlier in the year when Dillon wasn't playing. Dillon had a leg injury that Thursday prior to the game. Ty Law broke his foot early in the game and Gay was brought in and torched the next couple of plays for a TD.

The Pats play their best football under adversity and they have some.

Wooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!! Another Superbowl here we come! Where is the CROW! Come on guys lets come out with it!!!!
grin.gif
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back