Patriots looking for their 3rd Superbowl Win in 4 years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O Johnny,

This is a better sight, more down to earth.
grin.gif
wink.gif

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/index.php

Brady may end up like Manning against the Stiller D...again it's not the QB but the D that forces upon the offense. Manning never had chance a total shutdown. Reminds me of Elway always force to play another game and always came out the other end.

Give Pat's credit they got momentum, the Defense has but Brady facing another obstacle. Will be interesting...Big Ben got to come out with his best game...They both play the same game...Smash Mouth Football with their running game and Defense.

Now that is one game to watch!!!!

mamala,

We will see!

Bradys first year as starter, 2001 season:

Sep 30 - W vs. Indianapolis 44-13
Oct 7 - L at Miami 10-30
Oct 14 - W vs. San Diego (OT) 29-26
Oct 21 - W at Indianapolis 38-17
Oct 28 - L at Denver 20-31
Nov 4 - W at Atlanta 24-10
Nov 11 - W vs. Buffalo 21-11
Nov 18 - L vs. St. Louis 17-24
Nov 25 - W vs. New Orleans 34-17
Dec 2 - W at NY Jets 17-16
Dec 9 - W vs. Cleveland 27-16
Dec 16 - W at Buffalo (OT) 12-9
Dec 22 - W vs. Miami 20-13
Jan 2 - Open
Jan 6 - W at Carolina 38-6
Jan 19 - W vs. Oakland (OT) 16-13
Jan 27 - W at Pittsburgh 24-17 AFC Championship
Feb 3 - W vs. St. Louis 20-17 Superbowl

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
What a laugh! You have to go with defending champions, but you all have your opinion. Here is some numbers to chew on. Would you mortgage your home against the Pats? The folks that have been picking the Pats have made a ton of $$$$$$$$!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
I actually prefer the masses to pick the Steelers, so keep picking them Steelers, better yet put money on the game so the Steelers will be favored.

Patriots wins in 2 seasons: 32

Sep 14 - W at Philadelphia 31-10
Sep 21 - W vs. NY Jets 23-16
Oct 5 - W vs. Tennessee 38-30
Oct 12 - W vs. NY Giants 17-6
Oct 19 - W at Miami (OT) 19-13
Oct 26 - W vs. Cleveland 9-3
Nov 3 - W at Denver 30-26
Nov 16 - W vs. Dallas 12-0
Nov 23 - W at Houston (OT) 23-20
Nov 30 - W at Indianapolis 38-34
Dec 7 - W vs. Miami 12-0
Dec 14 - W vs. Jacksonville 27-13
Dec 20 - W at NY Jets 21-16
Dec 27 - W vs. Buffalo 31-0
Jan 10 - W vs. Tennessee 17-14
Jan 18 - W vs. Indianapolis 24-14
Feb 1 - W vs. Carolina 32-29
Sep 9 - W vs. Indianapolis 27-24
Sep 19 - W at Arizona 23-12
Oct 3 - W at Buffalo 31-17
Oct 10 - W vs. Miami 24-10
Oct 17 - W vs. Seattle 30-20
Oct 24 - W vs. NY Jets 13-7
Nov 7 - W at St. Louis 40-22
Nov 14 - W vs. Buffalo 29-6
Nov 22 - W at Kansas City 27-19
Nov 28 - W vs. Baltimore 24-3
Dec 5 - W at Cleveland 42-15
Dec 12 - W vs. Cincinnati 35-28
Dec 26 - W at NY Jets 23-7
Jan 2 - W vs. San Francisco 21-7
Jan 16 -W vs. Indy 20-3

Patriots are 17-1 versus winning teams

Patriots have the longest winning streak in NFL History at 21 straight games

Patriots are 20-0 at home

Patriots have the best Quarterback, Coach winning percentage in NFL History (at least 40 games) 56-14

Brady is 7-0 in the playoffs

Brady is a 2 time Superbowl MVP

Brady is the youngest QB in NFL history to win the Superbowl

32 wins and 4 losses, Incredible!!!

Only one winning team has beat the Pats in 2 years and that was without premier running back Dillon playing.
It was also that week that the Red Sox won the World Series.

Letter to Pete Prisco CBS Sportsline:

Pete,

Thank you so much for picking the Colts and all the other teams you have picked to beat the Pats! Thank you! I know we can be assured that you will pick the Steelers this week too. Please don't let the Pats down by picking them to win this week. We are counting on you to be consistent.

Thanks again and go Pats!

If I were to compose a list of accomplishments for the Chicago Bears like you did for the Patriots, it would only be about 6 lines long!

Pats are definitely one of the best NFL teams of all time.

Steelers vs. Eagles!

I have been a life long fan of the Steelers and will stick by my team no matter what!!

Eagles are my 2nd favorite and believe this year will be it for them.

Just look at the Yankees this year, anyone can have a bad day.

Steve

The majority is picking the Steelers in this thread. Why?
dunno.gif
Fill me in people cause I don't see it.

Another thing to ponder:

The Pats have had over the past 2 years the most amount of different starters due to injuries, etc. in NFL history. Both years they were in the 40's. Last year was around 43 seperate starters this year is around 42. Yet they still win the Superbowl and post back to back 14-2 records. Incredible!

Trivia:
What team owns the team rushing record? What year was it in? What was the amount of yardage

I'm curious, Amkeer. How long have you been a patsies fan? The reason I ask is that it's much easier for me to tolerate homerism when fans have supported their respective teams through thick and thin. One of the reasons I'm sick of the patsies fans is that the majority of the ones I know only became 'fans' after they won a couple of superbowls.

I could never pick the patsies or anyone else because it's always been the Steelers for me, since I was a boy. This year it just so happens that my heart and my head have all the more reason to pick my beloved Steelers.
grin.gif

If my boys bring their A game, play with some pride, and punch back after they've been punched, I just can't see the patsies winning. Those may be some big 'ifs', but they're not the #1 defense for nothing.
wink.gif

1973....We had season tickets back when Steve G.r.ogan took over for Plunkett. I have seen quite a bit along with Stingley getting paralyzed from the hit from Tatum.

Anyone have an answer to the trivia?

One more thing, I have no idea what the word homerism means.

Atlanta Is NOT going to win this game. Eagles Defense is 100% healthy. I live in S. Jersey 10 mins from Philly so I follow this team. This is the first year we are going into the playoffs fully healthy. So those that think it's as simple as choking are CLUELESS.

Another thing, Philly fans are pasionate about the game. The same way Texans are pasionate about BBQ and Guns. Get over it.

Michael Vick is a great athlete, but lousy Q'back. Tampa Bay shut him down with their Defense just like the Eagles will.

Buster,

Some just don't get it!
grin.gif
More than likely Eagle - Pats in this SB.

FDRE,

And your point is? Please enlighten me.

You see I am not like some fans that see through blinders and pick their team to win regardless. I analyze it and review teams weaknesses and strengths. I also review streaks to see when streaks are do to break. I already knew in my mind during the season that the Pats would lose after they broke the win streak for longest in history. The loss would come from either, Seahawks, Jets or Steelers in that stretch run. The second loss I anticipated would be the Jets, but it was Miami instead. Like I said before the Red Sox won the World Series that week leading up to the Steelers game and Dillon was out. Law broke his foot the first quarter. The Pats were ripe for a loss and the Steelers obliged.

My favorite prior to the Playoffs starting was a slight edge given to the Steelers, therefore it would be a Steelers and Eagles bowl. That all completely changed when it became evident to me that the Steelers fortunate win against Jets was just that, FORTUNATE! The Jets lost that game they should have won and had no business losing. I don't care what team you are the Jets should have kept pounding the ball up the middle to try to get closer for the kicker. You don't take 2 timeouts and net -1 yard to kill clock. You go for the 6 first. All bonehead moves! Cowher had to win after those 2 missed field goals within what 2 minutes.

I see the same Cowher that lost to the Pats in the 2001 AFC Champ game. I see the same team that said the "Better team didn't win", after they got smoked at home by the Pats. The Pats turned around and beat them again the next years season opener to show them the BETTER TEAM did win.

We will see what happens Sunday, but I am picking the Pats-Eagles.

Another ponder:

The Pats are 11-2 when facing the same quarterback that they lost to that year.

Anyone answering the trivia? Take some guesses.

[ January 18, 2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

Amkeer, as a Jet fan I must differ with you. Herm Edwards decided it was best to have the QB lose a yard and a half on a knee before attempting a 40+ yard kick.

Please don't say they netted a yard, it just isn't true.

Lot of action on the Falcons/Eagle game, spread went up. Think lot of late bets will come in before game time for the Stillers/Pats game.

Hey this is like the Super Bowl Stillers/Pats...will wait till game time...Like the hype will be a great game!!!!

Grouch,

-1 yard on the knee! Didn't understand the reason he made that call. The ball was already spotted in the middle so it was used to kill time off the clock, but they ended up losing yardage. I don't get that call at all! The Jets wasted a shot at upsetting the Pats at Gillette.
dunno.gif
Thats a tough loss Grouch!
shocked.gif

I'm sorry I can only read twice as well as Herm can coach. Maybe he should have had Pennington run back into his own end zone? Herm never figured that he could spike the ball and not take the lost yardage, he still hasn't figured that out!

The Jets really didn't outplay the Steelers, they just came up with a few big plays. They could have stolen it. The Jets are a very flawed team, Pittsbugh will have to play much better to beat the Pats who execute like no other team.

The Jets had 2 downs with time on the clock. You would have thought they would have had Pennington roll out of the pocket and take a shot down field. Plus I noticed it didn't seem that Brien had enough steps back from where the holder was.
dunno.gif
From what I saw the Jets outplayed the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back