Patriots looking for their 3rd Superbowl Win in 4 years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta love this team! All week Peyton this, Colts that, blah, blah, blah.....The Patriots show what being a true champion is all about! Smash mouth football!

Can't wait for the rematch against the Steelers!
grin.gif

Oh, I am not! I am just looking forward to the Patriots rematch against the Steelers.
wink.gif

I was rooting for the Jets last night and they should have won the game, but hey I would almost rather see the Pats get some revenge against the Steelers.

I believe it will be the Steelers vs Falcons. Steelers are just too good this year IMO.

Was sorta rooting for the underdog in the Colts, but penalties at the wrong time and those turnovers getcha everytime.

Amkeer
quote:

Can't wait for the rematch against the Steelers!

No Indy Defense here with the Steelers...Think the Rookie QB gain some hard lessons..jitters are out and a new ballgame.

Like them Steelers to pull this one out at Home.

I've been a Steelers fan all my life and can hardly wait for the rematch. Hopefully they'll play with some pride and defend home. I've gotten sick of the AFC title game losses they've had at home under Cowher.

It's gonna be a good one!
cheers.gif

Mamala,

You are entitled to your opinion. Lets just say I wouldn't put any money on a Steelers win against the Pats. Also see the 2001 AFC Championship.

The Steelers ended the Pats 21 game win streak and they were ripe for a letdown. Look for the Pats to be extremely fired up against the Steelers.

The Steelers and Cowher do not have a good record against the Kraft led Patriots. Look for that to continue.

It's tuff with a lot of pressure to have that streak what the Pat's were doing in fact it's kind of a relief with a loss to regroup as the Pat's has done . Pat's are peaking and that is what you want heading into the Super Bowl. That loss might mean more for a team to start over again and head in that direction what we see the Pat's are doing.

Lot of pressure on the rookie QB for Pitt, think he didn't realize in that win with the Pat's were he had nothing to lose. It will be a good game...

Agreed!
cheers.gif

As I observe the carnage of Colts fans trying to figure out what went wrong.
grin.gif

Both Mannings cannot play outside when it is below 40 degrees and the wind is blowing. Colts need to move Payton and get a better defense, it is not the receivers. Atlanta over the Eagles. Pittsburg over New England. Should be fun.
grin.gif

Stillers QB can play crappy and they still win. Steeler D is too good, plus now the world can see that any 40+ yard field goal by any kicker at Heinz Field is a crapshoot. Also there is no way that Herman Edwards on his best day will ever out-coach Bill Cowher.
Stillers are still ****** over losing to the Pats in 2001, no way they lose this year. Pats have stooped to signing Hank Poteat, a former Steeler who got cut when they had one of the worst secondarys in the NFL.

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
As I observe the carnage of Colts fans trying to figure out what went wrong.

Pats defensive line outplayed the Colts offensive line.
crushedcar.gif

Eagles favorite by 4.5 at home. First game.

Steelers underdog by 3 at home in second game. Interesting numbers here.

Think the game is going down to a field goal...Like them Steelers even more.

quote:

Originally posted by Mamala Bay:
Steelers underdog by 3 at home in second game. Interesting numbers here.

Maybe that'll give some additional motivation. The whole world is picking the patsies to win.
rolleyes.gif
They get no respect, just like my Jayhawks. But that's why they play the games
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyO:
Stillers are still ****** over losing to the Pats in 2001, no way they lose this year.

Hope you're right, JohnnyO. I'm hoping that's the case.

What a laugh! You have to go with defending champions, but you all have your opinion. Here is some numbers to chew on. Would you mortgage your home against the Pats? The folks that have been picking the Pats have made a ton of $$$$$$$$!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
I actually prefer the masses to pick the Steelers, so keep picking them Steelers, better yet put money on the game so the Steelers will be favored.

Patriots wins in 2 seasons: 32

Sep 14 - W at Philadelphia 31-10
Sep 21 - W vs. NY Jets 23-16
Oct 5 - W vs. Tennessee 38-30
Oct 12 - W vs. NY Giants 17-6
Oct 19 - W at Miami (OT) 19-13
Oct 26 - W vs. Cleveland 9-3
Nov 3 - W at Denver 30-26
Nov 16 - W vs. Dallas 12-0
Nov 23 - W at Houston (OT) 23-20
Nov 30 - W at Indianapolis 38-34
Dec 7 - W vs. Miami 12-0
Dec 14 - W vs. Jacksonville 27-13
Dec 20 - W at NY Jets 21-16
Dec 27 - W vs. Buffalo 31-0
Jan 10 - W vs. Tennessee 17-14
Jan 18 - W vs. Indianapolis 24-14
Feb 1 - W vs. Carolina 32-29
Sep 9 - W vs. Indianapolis 27-24
Sep 19 - W at Arizona 23-12
Oct 3 - W at Buffalo 31-17
Oct 10 - W vs. Miami 24-10
Oct 17 - W vs. Seattle 30-20
Oct 24 - W vs. NY Jets 13-7
Nov 7 - W at St. Louis 40-22
Nov 14 - W vs. Buffalo 29-6
Nov 22 - W at Kansas City 27-19
Nov 28 - W vs. Baltimore 24-3
Dec 5 - W at Cleveland 42-15
Dec 12 - W vs. Cincinnati 35-28
Dec 26 - W at NY Jets 23-7
Jan 2 - W vs. San Francisco 21-7
Jan 16 -W vs. Indy 20-3

Patriots are 17-1 versus winning teams

Patriots have the longest winning streak in NFL History at 21 straight games

Patriots are 20-0 at home

Patriots have the best Quarterback, Coach winning percentage in NFL History (at least 40 games) 56-14

Brady is 7-0 in the playoffs

Brady is a 2 time Superbowl MVP

Brady is the youngest QB in NFL history to win the Superbowl

32 wins and 4 losses, Incredible!!!

Only one winning team has beat the Pats in 2 years and that was without premier running back Dillon playing.
It was also that week that the Red Sox won the World Series.

Letter to Pete Prisco CBS Sportsline:

Pete,

Thank you so much for picking the Colts and all the other teams you have picked to beat the Pats! Thank you! I know we can be assured that you will pick the Steelers this week too. Please don't let the Pats down by picking them to win this week. We are counting on you to be consistent.

Thanks again and go Pats!

Ultimate Steelers fan site:

www.stillers.com

Where cheerleading, homerism, and political correctness are definitely not part of the equation.
"Stillers" is how we locals pronounce the name of our beloved football team. Every home game since 1972 has been sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back