Passenger on my aircraft flight was snoring for an hour

Passenger on my flight was snoring very loudly for an hour and luckily they were a few rows behind me. It was an early bird flight that took off at 5:45 AM so maybe they didn’t drink any coffee before this A321neo flight to Texas. The flight attendant didn’t want to disturb snoring passenger.

What would you do if the person next to you was snoring very loudly and you didn’t know them ?
Do you gently bump them a few times with your elbow ?
Do you ignore them ?

The passenger woke up when the pilot activated the thrust reversers after a very smooth landing.

image.jpeg

Let them be.

Snoring is not a behavior that can be controlled, so I tend to be tolerant. It's not like the group of four ladies that carried on a long, loud conversation, across the aisle, on a flight I took last week. They made a conscious choice, and could have controlled that behavior.

The suggestion for noise cancelling headphones is a good one. I have probably 20 of them for our various corporate aircraft, and I do like the Bose QC45's for airline use. As to whether they are good enough to filter out snoring, probably not. I've found that I prefer SkullCandy earbuds for the sound quality, and when I have a noisy seatmate, I use the earbuds under the Bose. That's the best solution I see.

Of course, ear plugs would work too, but I prefer to listen to a book.

A note on sound quality. The Bose QC45 headphones are bluetooth 5.1, with the standard audio codec. Good sound quality via bluetooth, but not as good as my wired Bose QC 25's. And nowhere near as good as a nice set of earbuds.

Last edited:
Get yourself a good set of noise cancelling headphones or ear plugs.
I agree with this. I picked up a set of AirPods after having them on my radar for a couple years.
I was blown away with how good they work, I find myself using them more than I ever thought I would, they live in my pocket every day now as part of my EDC.

Some one else said it best @dishdude
A good set of Bose QC 2 or QC Ultra earbuds will kill any noise. Truly amazing, I have the QC2, heck you dont even have to listen to music. You can just put them in your ear and leave the music off, your world will become silent, really amazing.

I assume according my my wife the Apple AirPods Pro are just as good but she likes the sound quality of the Bose better. I know when I talk to her with them on she has no clue I am talking to her, or she is pretending 🤣

There is one other brand but have no experience with and that is Sony 1000xm5 gets respectable reviews for what I understand. I do think the top dog right now are the QC2 and Ultra Ear buds.
I also have their over the ear headphones but not as practical and prefer the QC2 really cant overstate how good they are.

I can testify you will not hear a snore.

Last edited:
Passenger on my flight was snoring very loudly for an hour and luckily they were a few rows behind me. It was an early bird flight that took off at 5:45 AM so maybe they didn’t drink any coffee before this A321neo flight to Texas. The flight attendant didn’t want to disturb snoring passenger.

What would you do if the person next to you was snoring very loudly and you didn’t know them ?
Do you gently bump them a few times with your elbow ?
Do you ignore them ?

The passenger woke up when the pilot activated the thrust reversers after a very smooth landing.

View attachment 192320
Be glad the passenger was not air sick instead. For only one hour, I would leave the snorer alone, he's harmless that way..

I'd ask the flight attendant for some whipped cream and a feather. I'd then put a generous glob of whipped cream into his hand, and then tickle his nose with a feather. Get's em every time, and then chances are that he'll be awake for the rest of the flight and won't bother anyone anymore.

You're welcome.

Back