Parts Plus PH47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some Champ closeout filters from rockauto. When they came in, they were parts plus. After mentioning the champ filter on another thread, I was worried that i might have accidentally ordered e core filters. But these have the spiral metal core, not the e core, which i think is a good thing.

However...peering through inside the filter, I can see what seems to be cardboard and a shiny metal cap on the far end of the filter. Can anyone tell me what im looking at? Im guessing this the the cardboard end cap. But what is the shiny metal cap in the middle of the cardboard, what is its purpose? Also, it doesn't seem to be uniform. Im not sure, but i think the shiny metel cap is not centered perfectly, the visible cardboard becomes a different width as it goes around.

Is this a champ filter or did i get something else?

AF1QipPo...B7Uau_QuA0q2nCw

AF1QipPo...dxgcRnplLyLGnYq

AF1QipPo...ovaoH4HEKcK2yyz

The intake holes look like Purolator. Champ filters are white. Champ makes filters for others that are different colors.

Last edited:
Didn't come in a box and nothing on the can that shows origin. They only had some plastic coving the opening.

Base plate screams Puro but can't tell anything else from the innards.

I have never ordered bargain filters from Rock Auto but don't think I ever will, it seems you never know what you're actually gonna get.

Seems for the selling price of a couple of bucks the expectations can't be too high........

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Base plate screams Puro but can't tell anything else from the innards.

I have never ordered bargain filters from Rock Auto but don't think I ever will, it seems you never know what you're actually gonna get.

yep, I am finding that out. Im going to use them though. Old 2005 astro van, i think they will be fine for 5-6K.

Parts plus filters are made by premium guard the brown inside is glue not card board these are pretty well built filters I've had a friend take one 12k miles adbv was toast but media held up great from cutting several open I can tell you 5k is the life expectancy after that the adbv gets too stiff and ceases to function but definitely great for the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back