part recommendations for changing pads and rotors

I would not put new pads on top of rotors with a huge groove.
I respect that, but we don't really know how bad the grooves are (note that @mike78 posted above about "very bad looking deep grooves" while I was typing this... )that is why I suggested the cheapest and easiest route first, new pads... then observe...

You could very well be right, but why spend more than you have to until you find out if the simple fix works fine... if the grooves are really that bad (although they do not seem to effect braking) I guess it is up to @mike78 to decide what he is comfortable with.

Bringing us full circle, your suggested pads and rotors (if you elect to go that route) are a fine choice.

I respect that, but we don't really know how bad the grooves are... that is why I suggested the cheapest and easiest route first, new pads... then observe...

You could very well be right, but why spend more than you have to until you find out if the simple fix works fine...
Rear pads and rotors on RA are only $150.
I'm trying to figure out whether I can change them myself because of the electronic parking brake. Can't seem to find a straight answer on that.

Rear pads and rotors on RA are only $150.
I'm trying to figure out whether I can change them myself because of the electronic parking brake. Can't seem to find a straight answer on that.
Drum in rotor parking brake or does it use the caliper? Either way, you should be able to. If it’s drum style, just go for it and figure out how to adjust the shoes to the new rotors. If it’s caliper style, there’s likely a way to get it into service mode OR remove the electronic motor from the caliper.

I normally run bonded pads down to less than 2mm
My motorcycle is not much more than 6MM NEW

They had to remove the copper. Some pad makers did not have a good formula until the competition developed some for them to copy

You next pads will be better

Rod

Drum in rotor parking brake or does it use the caliper? Either way, you should be able to. If it’s drum style, just go for it and figure out how to adjust the shoes to the new rotors. If it’s caliper style, there’s likely a way to get it into service mode OR remove the electronic motor from the caliper.
I'm not sure, think it uses the caliper.

I'm not sure, think it uses the caliper.
The parking brake is an electronic e-brake applied by the caliper. There is a service procedure to put them into service mode without a scan tool.

Before a repair service procedure on the rear brakes is carried out, the electronic park brake system
must to be set in service mode.

Manual Method
1. Change the transmission gear to neutral or park position.
2. Press and hold the push button start switch for 10 seconds, with the brake pedal not applied. This
will place the vehicle in Service Mode (Ignition ON with the engine OFF).
3. Press brake pedal several times until brake booster vacuum is empty.
4. Press the brake pedal and press the park brake switch until the orange park brake lamp begins to
flash. By keeping the brake pedal applied, release and re-press the park brake switch for
approximately 5 seconds.
5. Release the brake pedal. The orange park brake lamp extinguishes for a moment after which the
rear brake calipers are retracting.

After the repair service of the rear brakes, the electronic park brake system needs to be reset from
service mode before the vehicle can leave the workshop.

Manual Method
2. Press and hold the push button start switch for 10 seconds, with the brake pedal not applied. This
3. Press the brake pedal and pull the park brake switch until the orange park brake lamp extinguishes
and the rear brake calipers are extending.
4. Release the brake pedal.

The parking brake is an electronic e-brake applied by the caliper. There is a service procedure to put them into service mode without a scan tool.

Before a repair service procedure on the rear brakes is carried out, the electronic park brake system
must to be set in service mode.

Manual Method
3. Press brake pedal several times until brake booster vacuum is empty.
4. Press the brake pedal and press the park brake switch until the orange park brake lamp begins to
flash. By keeping the brake pedal applied, release and re-press the park brake switch for
approximately 5 seconds.
5. Release the brake pedal. The orange park brake lamp extinguishes for a moment after which the
rear brake calipers are retracting.

After the repair service of the rear brakes, the electronic park brake system needs to be reset from
service mode before the vehicle can leave the workshop.

Manual Method
3. Press the brake pedal and pull the park brake switch until the orange park brake lamp extinguishes
and the rear brake calipers are extending.
4. Release the brake pedal.
I tried this and couldn't get it to work, unless I did something wrong.

Back