Palisade Oil Filter

I've changed the oil on my '21 palisade twice. Used OEM hyundai filters. Looked just like what wemay posted. It was an easy process and I didn't mind the bottomside cartridge. No nipples to speak of. Definitely have to be careful when threading the filter housing though to avoid cross threading or over tightening. I bought 4 OEM 26320-3ckb0 filters on ebay for $34 shipped after I paid about $14 for a single at the dealer.

So $7.50 for a $45k? 2022 Palisade filter gets a Mahle who built the filter adapter, and people are running to buy aftermarket made in China and talking about nipples on their filters. OK then, everyone makes their own choices.

They used the OEM equivalent 11934 just like everyone here was screaming at me it is. That however does not change the fact of what came out of it. Found a pic (below). No notes from the tech about anything,
So next time I'm going to do it at a leisurely pace and take a good look inside the can (wheel off for a full view) and see how well the "correct" filter fits. She said have at it but first to make sure she doesn't need it that day it gets done.

81TNkrXEzcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hi all,

Not sure if they still do, but KIA (Hyundai) are notorious for doing 'mid year' and year to year changes, so you need to be careful in your part selections.

For example, on my '08 Sorento 3.8L...there are typically two oil filters (cartridge type) listed (and they are not interchangeable) on most auto stores websites...the selection is based on build date, not engine/model options. However, I recently found out from another Sorento owner (in Canada) that at the dealership, there are actually 3 different oil filters listed for the '08 Sorento.

So yeah, but careful out there...

Why not just use OEM filter. Saving a couple bucks is just not worth it.

In my case, my 2021 G80 3.5 takes a canister filter that is not available in the aftermarket. Filter has a “Boss” that fits in a hole if the housing. Available from Genesis dealers and Kia (Caravelle) dealers. (Don’t have the part number right in front of me but the same for both cars). I purchased one from each dealer. Cost $10.xx. Carry them with me for the day I have to change oil and I’m not near a Genesis dealer

Why not just use OEM filter. Saving a couple bucks is just not worth it.

In my case, my 2021 G80 3.5 takes a canister filter that is not available in the aftermarket. Filter has a “Boss” that fits in a hole if the housing. Available from Genesis dealers and Kia (Caravelle) dealers. (Don’t have the part number right in front of me but the same for both cars). I purchased one from each dealer. Cost $10.xx. Carry them with me for the day I have to change oil and I’m not near a Genesis dealer
s-l1600.jpg

It has the Mahle aftermarket part number on it, and the Hyundai/Genesis part number.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the responses. However, no pics from me which would have been helpful, but that ship has sailed.

To reiterate though, it most definitely had a nipple which was on the periphery, not center and seems to me some sort of guide which sits in a groove and stops with a quarter turn or so. The 11934 is too short. Can't remember by how much, but it was not fractional. I'll add here that since others have used the 11934 successfully then what I call too short evidently doesn't matter. (I have since checked other 11934 Frams at WM and they look the same.) If I am ever allowed to touch her car again, I will try once more the 11934 and take my time to see if the size deficit matters and I guess the "guide post" doesn't matter (?).

She took it to the dealer but is mad and won't show the receipt to me :giggle:. When she cools down I'll see what they used.

I thought Hyundai started giving free oil/filter and tire rotation for the first 36,000 miles starting with 2022 Model year vehicles. Friend has a 2022 Ionic and has been in for 3 free oil/filter and tire rotation service visits and has not paid for any of them. He said they said to get change between 6500 and 7000 miles for normal duty driving. Might check with your purchase info or call the dealer.

Interesting that it was visibly different, i would not have installed a visibly different filter either without through investigation at least. I wonder if the tab somehow holds the filter during engine assembly?

from Hyundai Website. Download the full details it looks like 2020 to 2022 purchased after 01FE20.

"

Maintenance now included.​

Keeping your new Hyundai running at its best requires regular care and maintenance. We encourage new owners to stay on top of it with Hyundai Complimentary Maintenance. Hyundai has you covered for normal, factory scheduled maintenance intervals for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first). More frequent maintenance due to severe driving or conditions is excluded. Benefits include:

• Engine oil and oil filter changes
• Tire rotations
• Multi-point inspection
• Hyundai Genuine Oil filters & Hyundai Recommended Oil
• Extended Hyundai Protection Plans available for severe usage intervals or extended terms

Download program details"

"FEATURES & BENEFITS • Covers basic factory maintenance for three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, for the Normal maintenance scheduled intervals listed in the vehicle Owner’s Manual. Service will only include oil change, oil filter change, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection. (Every other service will be covered for severe maintenance intervals if customer has designated in MyHyundai. Other items may be included for NEXO vehicles – see your Hyundai dealer for details). • Services will be performed by factory-trained technicians, who will be required to comply with all factory requirements. TERMS OF HYUNDAI COMPLIMENTARY MAINTENANCE PROGRAM (HCM)* • Complimentary on all new Model Year 2020-22 Hyundai retail vehicles sold on and after February 1, 2020. (Hyundai retail vehicles purchased before February 1, 2020 do not qualify for HCM). • Available on all Hyundai models. • Covers oil and oil filter changes (except for electric vehicles and fuel cell electric vehicles), and tire rotations, Normal Maintenance Schedule Intervals only. (Every other service will be covered for severe maintenance intervals if customer has designated in MyHyundai. Other items may be included for NEXO vehicles – see your Hyundai dealer for details). See the Owner’s Manual for each vehicle model for full details. • 3 years / 36,000 miles of coverage, whichever comes first (Every other service will be covered for severe maintenance intervals if customer has designated in MyHyundai. Other items may be included for NEXO vehicles – see your Hyundai dealer for details). • HCM services are only available at authorized Hyundai servicing dealers. • Each service must be obtained within 1,000 miles or 1 month of the designated time listed in the Owner’s Manual. A customer’s failure to redeem services prior to the expiration of the applicable mileage/term will not void any unredeemed future services. • Commercial, Certified Pre-Owned, used, and fleet vehicles are excluded, but professional use, i.e., realtor or outside sales, is allowed. • Complimentary maintenance is not transferable; available to original owner/first retail customers only (except it can be transferred from spouse to spouse). • Only covers basic services listed in the Owner’s Manual at the time specified. Normal wear and tear items such as engine and air filters, cabin filter, wiper blades, brake pads, etc. are not covered."

They used the OEM equivalent 11934 just like everyone here was screaming at me it is. That however does not change the fact of what came out of it. Found a pic (below). No notes from the tech about anything,
So next time I'm going to do it at a leisurely pace and take a good look inside the can (wheel off for a full view) and see how well the "correct" filter fits. She said have at it but first to make sure she doesn't need it that day it gets done.

View attachment 101177
@Nayov - Thanks for sharing the pic. I see what you mean. Sorry for the confusion with the pics from my Palisade which is definitely different.

Member @odie just shared these pics and a video in the "Post your latest oil change" thread....

Capture.PNG

My failed attempt at changing the wife's oil filter on her Palisade '22 (7,000 miles).

I thought I could just breeze in to Walmart, get a Fram, and be done with it. According to Fram, it calls for an 11934 (canister).
But, it is too short and doesn't have a nipple on the end that sets into the housing with a quarter turn like the OEM one has.
I had to put it back together with old one and replace about 3 quarts of oil that drained out from the housing. Also, I had to remove the wheel because the threads on the plastic housing were cross threading and I guess I didn't have the right angle no matter how hard I tried. With the wheel removed it made it much easier.

I told her to take the heap to the dealer and have them deal with it.

Anyone with this car actually do an oil change on it? Which Fram is correct? To screw on the housing cap is it a matter of getting the angle correct or does it require a lot of force for it to get a bit on the threads? Thanks.
I just did a oil change on my wife's 22 palisade. I used the Fram Drive 11934 the filter fit perfectly. It had 3789 miles and she drives less than 5 miles to work. The hyundai maintenance will not change on the severe schedule. I will let Hyundai do the next one at 7500-8000 miles

Back