@Pablo getting some new neighbors: North Cascade Grizzly reintroduction starting soon

I read about that today. A guy that lives rural in the Washington mountains reported seeing a 9" bear paw track near his house. On a tour in AK saw some grizzlies from a safe distance. Not a creature to be anywhere near. Our guide said don't carry a firearm with a caliber that doesn't start with the number 4.

1711243441545.jpg

You will hear plenty of crying, just like the Wolf re-introduction in Wyoming a while back. There is a loud and aggressive lobby group of hunters that want anything eliminated that competes with their big game aspirations. These "sportsmen" want ever larger winter fed and coddled deer/elk/antelope populations that are continually enhanced with taxpayer money. They also want no restrictions on predators such as coyotes, mountain lions, wolves. I want a balanced ecosystem in a wilderness area of pack in and pack out on foot. Fair is fair. I wouldn't be averse to Bow only year around or iron sights only. Put some fairness in the equation. Level the playing field. No bag limit of predators but the only weapon's allowed are a club and a knife. Outlaw the use of dogs/baiting to tree a bear/cat for a difficult shot of 30 feet with your multi-thousand dollar weapon with optics. Fills me with pride thinking of the danger avoided hunting these ravenous beasts. Reliving the hunt around the fire just outside my quarter million dollar toter-home and fleet of ATV's. Makes me yearn for the days of the mass buffalo hunts. Those brave hunter/ecologists of yore braving the harshness of a passenger train window as a rifle rest to harvest what is rightfully yours.

Last edited:
I hear oregano is like catnip is to cats or even as cocaine is to bears. The word bear traces back to pherein, ancient Greek for devourer of oregano. @Pablo may be in trouble. 200 excited bears closing in.

Last edited:
You will hear plenty of crying, just like the Wolf re-introduction in Wyoming a while back. There is a loud and aggressive lobby group of hunters that want anything eliminated that competes with their big game aspirations. These "sportsmen" want ever larger winter fed and coddled deer/elk/antelope populations that are continually enhanced with taxpayer money. They also want no restrictions on predators such as coyotes, mountain lions, wolves. I want a balanced ecosystem in a wilderness area of pack in and pack out on foot. Fair is fair. I wouldn't be averse to Bow only year around or iron sights only. Put some fairness in the equation. Level the playing field. No bag limit of predators but the only weapon's allowed are a club and a knife. Outlaw the use of dogs/baiting to tree a bear/cat for a difficult shot of 30 feet with your multi-thousand dollar weapon with optics. Fills me with pride thinking of the danger avoided hunting these ravenous beasts. Reliving the hunt around the fire just outside my quarter million dollar toter-home and fleet of ATV's. Makes me yearn for the days of the mass buffalo hunts. Those brave hunter/ecologists of yore braving the harshness of a passenger train window as a rifle rest to harvest what is rightfully yours.
Well, the deer/elk/antelope populations are just a fraction of what they were, plus they don't eat the tourists...

I doing think the locals in Washington State are too concerned about the grizzly bears eating their trophy deer, more like their trophy wives. Also, a new "threatened species" is another excuse to lock the public out of their public lands.

Well, the deer/elk/antelope populations are just a fraction of what they were, plus they don't eat the tourists...

I doing think the locals in Washington State are too concerned about the grizzly bears eating their trophy deer, more like their trophy wives. Also, a new "threatened species" is another excuse to lock the public out of their public lands.
I am with you. We should restore all the wild populations of every species to levels before the advent of European settlers in the states.

Would you put the same restrictions/ constraints on the Aleuts, Inupiat, Yuit, Athabascans, Tlingit , and Haida peoples from using snow machines, power watercraft, modern firearms during their hunts in Alaska?

I am with you. We should restore all the wild populations of every species to levels before the advent of European settlers in the states.
All the descendants of those settlers would have to pull up stakes and go back to the old country to make that possible.

1711247835774.jpeg
would be a great excuse to buy a firearm for bear protection. Call it a bear protection rifle.

• Love
Reactions: Pew
Back