P215/70R14 with a whitewall... obviously not a whole lot of choice anymore.

The FedEx driver stopped with goodies today, 4 new Uniroyal bluewall tires.

The good... February, 2021 (0521) production. :D The bad... Made in Mexico. :poop::poop::poop::poop:

They do have a nice lightly serrated band, in which the Uniroyal and Tiger Paw names are printed into. Quite subtle, yet classy. I think my phone did a great job with the pictures, in showing this.

The whitewall is right at 15mm in width. The tires that are on the car now, have whitewalls at 25mm in width.

I'm pleased with my choice, based on appearance and style. I think these will look right at home on a 35 year old domestic luxury coupe, and are as 'period correct' as one would be able to get. I remember that Dad bought a 1986 GMC Van brand new, and it had Tiger Paw tires on it from the factory. So the Tiger Paw name was definitely being used in the mid-80's.

I'm not impressed at all with the tread design, but that really wasn't a factor in this purchase at all. Definitely not as up-to-date as the tread design of the Nexen AH5, but not nearly as bad as the uninspiring tread design of the Milestar MS775. These tires should never see snow, so 🤷‍♂️.

They'll hopefully be on the car, sometime next week.

View attachment 56878View attachment 56879View attachment 56880View attachment 56881View attachment 56882
That blue wall looks gangsta!

The whitewalls of the Uniroyals are stained blue, from that crap that they put on them at the factory. The crap is off, but the whitewalls are stained blue.

Hot soapy water and a nylon bristle scrub brush, and Bleche-Wite with a Scotchbrite pad still isn't doing it.

How stupid can a company be, to do something like this?

The whitewalls of the Uniroyals are stained blue, from that crap that they put on them at the factory. The crap is off, but the whitewalls are stained blue.

Hot soapy water and a nylon bristle scrub brush, and Bleche-Wite with a Scotchbrite pad still isn't doing it.

How stupid can a company be, to do something like this?
My experience with the Nexens was to wait a week or so
Then I lightly brushed with soap, then it pretty much melted off

My experience with the Nexens was to wait a week or so
Then I lightly brushed with soap, then it pretty much melted off
The blue gunk is already off. The problem is that the whitewalls are still stained from it being on there.
I'll wait a couple of days, and try again.

Back