P0174 main code and secondary code P0171

Hi guys, my Grand Marquis LS 98 just got the Check Engine light, few minutes ago, that came up after a warning from the car when it got 14 liters (3.7 gallons) and economy said you have 80km (50 miles) only for the remaining fuel and I push my pedal gas, I don't know if this acceleration means something, but the car still has power, I mean nothing different on the car, only the check engine light turned on. Any ideas why this happened? Thanks
20240208_180230.jpg

Sorry it is in Spanish, lol!

Your engine was running lean. It could be that the fuel pump was starving due to the low fuel level, and the fuel pressure was too low. Fill the gas tank, reset the codes, and see if the codes comes back.

Your engine was running lean. It could be that the fuel pump was starving due to the low fuel level, and the fuel pressure was too low. Fill the gas tank, reset the codes, and see if the codes comes back.
ok, let me check it, thanks, strange, this is not the first time I have this condition and check engine never came before. I will let you know what is the end of this.

Bank 2 and bank 1 vacuum leaks. Don't use brake cleaner or similar to find the leaks. The best way to find al of the leaks is with a smoke machine,

What are your fuel trims? Another way to check to see if it's a vacuum leak is to increase rpms and if the fuel trims go back to normal, then it's a good indication that it's a vacuum leak.

What are your fuel trims? Another way to check to see if it's a vacuum leak is to increase rpms and if the fuel trims go back to normal, then it's a good indication that it's a vacuum leak.
I need to check that with another kind of scanner, I will check it.

Reactions: wtd
Well, I refilled the tank, deleted the code, and also changed the fuel filter, and check engine light hasn't appeared yet. But even that I will try to check more things.

Back