Ow20 v 5w30

I would worry about theft protection, not oil.

However, given that Canada doesn’t have the same consumer protection when it comes to automotive warranty, I would stick with 0w20 until the warranty period is over.
Good point but I think the fact the manual gives a thumbs up on both I would be okay. Attached is the page …

Attachments

• IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3823.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 16
I would just use 0W-30 as this covers it all.
👍 I had thought of this as well but have 25 litres of Pennzoil syn 5w30 and 20 litres of 0w20 sitting in my basement. Now off to search ‘does oil expire’. I could not resist the sale + rebate.

Good point but I think the fact the manual gives a thumbs up on both I would be okay. Attached is the page …

Ok, this is pretty clear that both viscosities are acceptable for continuous use.

Many other automakers state that if thicker viscosity is used due to availability, it needs to be changed to the recommended one the next oil change.

I would use 2 qts of each and have 2.5W25 o_O this way all will be happy.

Heck I remember in '83 Civic in Potsdam, NY when it was sub zero often I was happy as I had dropped down to 10W30 from 10W40. I don't even know if 5W or 0W were an option then. I think Mobil 1 was the only really synthetic that was out there. It was a lot more than the dino's. I also ran a plain Fram orange can. It survived.

Back